“Dissappointing Stay”

W Atlanta - Buckhead
Ranked #60 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 22 July 2014

The room was great but it was too noisy for the price of the room. I stayed there for a mini staycation and there was no sleeping in. You constantly hear doors slamming and housekeeping starting at about 6 am. Not only that but housekeeping knocked on my door twice before 11 am. The first time apologizing at around 9 and then again about an hour later asking if I needed service. I was so confused since check out is at noon. In addition, the A/C is loud and we kept hearing noise from the bathroom. Horrible experience, I will never stay there again. Complete waste of money.

• Stayed: July 2014
Renford P, Guest Experience Manager at W Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

QS2003 - We find it unfortunate that your stay was disappointing due to noise from the AC unit in your guestroom and also from our Room Stylist. Our Stylists begin cleaning rooms daily at around 8:30am, so we're not sure why any guest would be disturbed at 6:00am. We will certainly conduct the proper research on our end and we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you experienced. Should your travels return you to Atlanta, we'd be delighted to offer a late checkout, so that you can catch up on some zzzzzz.

All the best,

Reviewed 19 July 2014

This place is incredible. Way more than we expected. The only thing I wish I would have known was that the rooftop is business attire only so keep this in mind. Place is decorated beautifully and staff is great. It is right next door to the Lennox Mall winch is also a plus. I highly recommend this place.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

natedogg78n - Thanks for the "incredible" review! Stop by anytime, you're always welcome.

Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

We had a really great stay. The guys at the front desk were extremely helpful. The hotel is right in the middle of great restaurants and shopping. We walked everywhere. The pool was great too. Overall great stay. Will do again.

• Stayed: July 2014

Christopher M - We're thrilled that you enjoyed your W experience and don't be a stranger...you're invited anytime!

Reviewed 16 July 2014

I've got to admit, I've loved this hotel for years. I used to live across the street and on Fridays and Saturdays I almost always found myself walking to whiskey blue.. The rooftop bar with an absolutely breathtaking view of Atlanta.

When I know I'll be in town and want to hang out in the city for the weekend, this is usually the first hotel I check prices on. Sometimes it is ridiculously expensive, others it's very reasonable.

The. Beds. Best nights sleep in a hotel.

Bathrooms are retro modern, clean and well stocked. Bliss spa bath products.

The rooms are seductive, usually there's a rainforest noisemaker going with the a/c pumped up for ya so when you initially walk in it's just....ahh. The rooms and lobby have a signature scent. Not sure how to describe it but all w's have that smell.

Happy hour in the living room is cool. But be careful, you'll find yourself over indulging and miss on the best party stairs... Which usually doesn't get started until 11 or so. And it gets packed. I would compare this hotel to some cool place in LA. It's not "turned up" like most of Atlanta. It's chill. It's a little pretentious but what do you expect in buckhead?

Only thing I would change about this place is offering complimentary valet for frequent guests.

Staff? Whatever... They're amazing. It's clear everyone gets the W mantra! Just ask, they'll help in most anyway they can!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Daniel R

Daniel R - WOW, after reading your review, all we can say is thank you for such a great testimonial regarding your recent experience and we greatly appreciate your loyalty to W Atlanta Buckhead throughout the years! Go ahead and make yourself at home.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

I just want to start out by saying this hotel is pretty posh. It is very modern in decor and very hip. The hotel lobby is just as it is pictured on the website. The rooms look a lot bigger on the internet than in person. The bathroom is so small the shower doesn't have a door and the toilet is literally right next to shower. The bad part about this hotel is the valet service. I stayed here two nights this past weekend and both days called for my car 30 minutes a head of time and both times were an epic fail. It really bothers me to pay $32 for valet parking and I cannot even get my car in a timely manner. It doesn't matter how busy they get they should always stay geared toward their guests and not visitors for the bars. I complained on checkout about the valet parking and the guy at the desk was just like "sorry". Well in my world sorry just don't cut it when you pay $32 for valet in Buckhead. I get superior service at the St Regis for the same price for valet as the W. Overall, valet sucks, rooms good, great people watching spot, and might come back. Return still up in the air.

Room Tip: Do Not book any floor above 9 due to noise from roof top bar.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Drewbreez - While we appreciate the kind comments about our design and décor, we regret that fact that your overall experience was impacted due to timeliness of retrieving your vehicle from Wheels. We completely understand your frustration of calling ahead to have your vehicle pulled up and still having to wait. While our Wheels ramp can get very busy at peak moments, we appreciate your patience and hope that you'll stop by again to enjoy the W vibe and relax in one of our signature rooms.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Travel aften to Atlanta and use SPG properties almost exclusively. Decided to stay at W Buckhead due to its close proximity to restaurants. We only stayed one night. Had just flown in from a transatlantic flight and needed a quiet nights rest. We were given a room on the 11th floor which is coincidentally just one floor beneath the hotel's Whiskey Bar/Club/Disco.... Needless to say that I had the worst night's sleep that I have ever had. The thumping stopped well past 2 am. You would think that at check in someone would have pointed out the potential for an issue before the fact. In addition, was not happy being a member of the SPG loyalty program. Will definitely continue my loyalty to SPG properties in the future, but the W Atlanta-Buckhead property will never have my business again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Derek J - We're disappointed to realize that your stay was negatively impacted due to noise from Whiskey Blue. You're correct that you should've been made aware during your welcome experience that your room was located directly underneath the lounge and for that we sincerely apologize for the lack of communication. Maintaining the loyalty of our valued SPG members is extremely important to us and we hope that you'll consider visiting again should your travels return you to Atlanta. We have a peaceful and quiet room waiting for you :)

Kind regards,

Reviewed 14 July 2014

My cousins and I had an amazing time at the W Buckhead. We were checked in by Tawana who was very pleasant and set the tone for our stay. Once we settled in our room, we were greeted by the general manager who came to wish me a happy birthday and came with a gift (wine). This was much unexpected but truly made us happy that we decided to stay at the W. The entire staff was great; we had a great time at the Whiskey lounge and had brunch the next day at Cook Hall. I am looking forward to making this a tradition on every birthday. I love Starwood Hotels, and the W Buckhead is my favorite of them all.

Room Tip: The higher the better. We stayed on the 10th floor.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Assi D - Happy Birthday once again and we can't wait to celebrate with you again next year!