“A mixed "W" experience!”

W Atlanta - Buckhead
Ranked #60 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I attended a weekend conference at the "W" and had mixed feelings about my experience. The entrance is off the street and hard to see if you are walking to the hotel from the train, so entered through the restaurant. The desk staff were extremely busy and there was a line to check in but were extremely friendly and helpful. The room was comfortable and nice but not anything spectacular. My biggest complaint was the food. I ate in the hotel restaurant once for lunch and ordered room service a couple of times, and was quite disappointed by the menu offerings. Still love the Bliss spa products though...and the overall experience!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Renford P, Guest Experience Manager at W Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

eileenh999 - We appreciate you taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor regarding your recent W experience. Our ideal Buckhead location makes us the perfect hotel for anyone visiting Atlanta, whether you're looking to shop, dine at some of Atlanta's best restaurants or catch your favorite sports team W Atlanta Buckhead is the place to be. Thank you for stopping by and we welcome you to visit again soon.

Regards,

Guest Experience Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,404)

Reviewed 4 August 2014

My wife and I stayed in the W Buckhead for a weekend in August. Overall it was a good experience but there are things that need to be improved. The employees at the reception as well as the valet team were extremely friendly and more than eager to help with anything you needed. Whenever we needed our car, the valet got it for us right away. Our room, on the sixth floor, was clean and the decor was very nice. The bed was very comfortable. I was a little surprised to see there was no turn down service in the evening. The bathroom is an open design. The toilet and shower can be closed off by a sliding door, but there is minimal privacy as you can practically see the person through the sliding door. Also, in the morning, the cleaning people begin working quite early. Our room was across from the closet where their get their supplies and you heard every word they were saying along with our room literally shook every time they opened and closed that door. If I were to stay here again, I would definitely ask for a room away from the closet so I don't have to feel my bed shake all morning long. All in all, it was a good stay and would definitely consider staying here again.

Room Tip: ask for a room away from the pool and away from the custodial closet
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

JetsFan85x- Thank you for completing a survey in regards to your recent experience with us here at W Atlanta-Buckhead! When your travels return you to Atlanta, we hope that you’ll continue to choose W Atlanta Buckhead as your home away from home and we're confident that your next stay will be a great one!

Take care,

Reviewed 2 August 2014

The property itself is absolutely gorgeous. The front desk staff at check in were extremely friendly and genuinely caring. The valet has some issues, but not serious ones. The only complaint with valet is you have to hunt your keys down, instead of them running up to you with the key. As mentioned earlier the property is gorgeous, I love the antler designs(BUCKhead). The hotel has a country-club feel in the lobby and common areas.

Now for the room. I had booked a Wow Suite, room 903 was given to me. The only complaint with the room is that the chair at the desk has severely scratched the pretty hard wood flooring. The bed, like all W beds, was AMAZING. The couch was super comfy. I enjoyed the convenience of the munchie box. The bathroom was super spacious, but I would like to have a bath tub. The ONLY room with a bath tub is the Extreme Wow Suite, and the price for that room isn't worth having a tub.

Now for the service. Absolutely AWFUL and the poor service is the only reason this property gets a poor review from me. There was no hot water one day (after two twenty minute showers there was still no hot water). When I brought this to the attention of the front desk, they issued no apology and told me they were having issues with their hot water heater. I don't know about you, but one thing I always expect from any hotel is WARM shower water. This hotel did not deliver that very well. 2) The next service issue was the whatever/whenever service here doesn't exist. How is that you ask? Isn't this supposed to be the signature service that W hotels is known for? Well, this hotel obviously doesn't participate in providing whatever/whenever. The only request I had made on my stay from whatever/whenever was chicken wings at midnight. They said they do not offer chicken wings and hung up on me. SERIOUSLY? Wow. That really infuriates me, especially after paying extra to stay in a Wow Suite. 3) While my DO NOT DISTURB sign was on my door, in-room dining tried to deliver food to me that was ordered by the room across the hall-a)they should not DISTURB guests that explicitly do NOT want to be disturbed. b)Staff should pay attention and READ the room numbers. 4) Some of the towels do have stains on them, before being used by me.

Now, as on the W hotels corporate website, it says whatever/whenever -as long as it's legal. 1) Hot wings at midnight are not illegal and were NOT given to me. 2) Warm shower was not illegal and is was NOT given to me. Whatever/whenever needs to do better. I also brought this to the attention to Starwood's guest services and they did not seem to care much. Very disappointed and will more than likely not return anytime soon. As I do carry the SPG Amex card & I am SPG Gold, I do expect better treatment at their properties. Maybe my next Atlanta should stay should be at the St. Regis...

Room Tip: Wow Suites provide a lot more space and a better bathroom(private)
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank CM90
Renford P, Guest Experience Manager at W Atlanta - Buckhead, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2014

CM90 - The power of saying "yes" and delivering on our Whatever/Whenever service philosophy allows us an opportunity to create memorable experiences for our guests and we're terribly sorry that we failed to deliver on this promise and executing your request. Rest assured that this is certainly an aberration from the high standards that we have set in place and our team is disappointed that we fell short of meeting your expectations. We have used your feedback as a valuable learning opportunity for our talent and as such will be better as a result.

As it relates to Starwood Customer Services, once your feedback was received, a member of our hotel team personally contacted you within 24 hours to review your concerns and we're looking forward to your upcoming return trip to W Atlanta Buckhead to demonstrate the level of service that that so many of our guests have grown accustom to receiving when visiting with us. This previous experience is certainly an anomaly and we're amped up to exceed your expectations and deliver on our Whatever/Whenever service culture!

Regards,

Reviewed 1 August 2014

We had a very poor experience at the W hotel. Upon arrival we waited 15 min for a valet. I finally went inside to find help at the front desk but they were busy chatting. The lobby had a bad smell. After check in - they gave no instructions to the elevators, that we needed a key to get to our floor or assistance with our bags. We wandered until a guest was helpful to find where to go. When we finally arrived on our floor there were four trays of old food sitting next to the elevators, they had us directly across from the elevator, and our window looked directly into a wall that was less than six inches from the window pane. We requested a new room, which they were kind to assist with. Our room had the same bad smell, but what was worse was the bathroom door would not stay closed. So when using the restroom we had no privacy, and the bathroom is so small that you are showering and using the restroom at arms length from the bed. Luckily, we slept well and did not hear too much noise. There was commotion around 2am when the bars closed and people were headed to their rooms, we heard doors slamming but it did not last TOO long. The next morning we took the stairs to the gym to work out, and in the stairwell there was the smell of cigarettes and cannabis, and the rest of the joint sitting on the level among several cigarette butts. When I told management she laughed. We were planning a trip to the aquarium and had our tickets in our email, we asked if they could help us print the ONE sheet of paper. We were instructed to pay for 30 min of internet and paper at the business center, for $15 we printed one sheet of paper. UNREAL! It was a terrible experience and we will be staying down the road at the Marriott for all future visits.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Dallas-Traveler75

Dallas-Traveler75 - We're certainly disappointed to realize that your stay failed to meet your expectations, from the timeliness of retrieving your vehicle to the noise that negatively impacted your experience. We have followed-up on all the areas mentioned in your review and while we strive to always deliver an exceptional experience to each guest, it's apparent in this case that we fell short. If you give us a chance to earn back your trust, I can assure you that we will do our best to give you the great hotel experience that so many of our guests have grown so fond of.

Take care,

Reviewed 1 August 2014

If you're looking for a contemporarily charged, but relaxing atmosphere - this is the hotel for you. From the DJ in the foyer, to the stylist (maid service) who make sure you room is clean and appealing, you can't miss with this hotel. It is very reasonably priced which is the cherry on top!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Kevin K - Your review said it all. Thanks for stopping by and we look forward to welcoming you back soon for another dynamic experience in Hotlanta at W Atlanta Buckhead!

Stay cool,

Reviewed 31 July 2014

I just returned from 2 nights at this hotel traveling to Atlanta for business.
i loved the staff, the service and boutique style of this hotel. it was well priced and a good value.

Within walking distance of good food and shopping area. The on site restaurant Cook Hall, was super and food and service was outstanding.
I highly recommend this property.

Room Tip: My room location 303 was facing a horrible view, but the room was very quiet. Well designed and had...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

ladady - Thanks for the outstanding review!

Kind regards,

Reviewed 28 July 2014

First time for me at the W Hotel in Buckwood. Was there for 8 days. Great location, close to Lennox Mall and right in the middle of Buckhead with Shuttle service to lots of great locations such as restaurants (I went to Chops).
Great value for money, with a good, quiet room. Friendly service with easy check in.
Room Service menu limited.
There was a screw up with my laundry getting misplaced (not their fault, but with the outsourced Laundry agency) but they were extremely apologetic and arranged for it to be dry cleaned gratis and FedExed to Malaysia (where I stay)

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Gloods73 - It was a pleasure to have you as our guest for your 8 day visit. Sorry for the initial mishap regarding your laundry and we're glad that our team was able to locate our items and have them shipped internationally and returned back to your possession. Whenever your travels return you Atlanta, your family here at W Atlanta Buckhead will be waiting to exceed your expectations and welcome you back in grand style!

Thanks for staying awhile,