“Poor substitute for Residence Inn or even Hamton Inns”

TownePlace Suites Atlanta Buckhead
Ranked #107 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
Atlanta, Georgia
“Poor substitute for Residence Inn or even Hamton Inns”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2013

I was expecting a lot more from a Marriott Property. No desk light. Only choice is to turn on overhead light in Kitchen for some illumination.

Small TV's when compared to Residence Inn or Hampton Inn. Very noisy a/c and thermostat is hard to set at a temp.

Breakfast is a complete joke. Some plastic pieces of sausage in a roll that you put in a microwave. Nothing else Hot no eggs bacon etc which you always get at a Residence Inn or even at Hilton's Hampton Inn's

Juices are in 1 oz cardboard containers with a straw attached. Same thing with muffins a joke wrapped in plastic.

People at the desk very friendly but at these prices I expect a lot more and can get it at many other chains.

Don't know if this is typical, but I won't be choosing this chain in the future.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank firecat46

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Goose Creek, South Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2013 via mobile

This was my third stay at this hotel and this time wasn't so thrilled. No lotion in room. No help from staff this time. Kinda disappointed with hotel this time. Spa wasn't open. No pool! But loved the room

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank FenwayMomma
Paula W, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Atlanta Buckhead, responded to this review, 18 May 2013
I would like to thank you for taking your time to share your comments on your recent stay. I was sorry to hear that you had no help from the staff. I would certainly welcome getting more details on that as we try to assist each and every guest that we can. I want to personally apologize that you did not experience genuine hospitality during your visit. We are currently renovating the pool and the spa will open this weekend. We do have lotion available upon at no charge just let the front desk or room attendants know. I am sorry for your inconvenience but please try us again so you can see we are truly dedicated to your comfort.
Carrollton, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2013

This hotel is good for longer stays because of the kitchenette type of rooms. The property is nestled among pretty landscaping very near the freeway with free breakfast and free parking garage. The rooms are clean but a little dowdy, they could use some refreshing, but everything was in working order and comfortable. There is some road construction in the area and it's near the crossroad sof several major highways so a GPS is a must if you are unfamiliar with this area. There is a shopping center with a Target store a block away for any forgotten items and the many delights of Buckhead (shopping, dining, mansions to visits, quaint neighborhoods) are nearby. This hotel offers good accomodations for the price and especially for the area.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sheryl G
Thank you for taking the time to share your stay. We appreciate your business and hope that you will consider us again.
Banbury, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2013

Stayed here during a university field trip to the states, here for 3 nights during mid March. Although a little way out of town. Very helpful, willing staff. Spacious clean rooms and easily accessible. Pool and Jacuzzi facilities which were unfortunately not open although assume that they would be for the summer season. Breakfast facilities were adequate (basic but enjoyable). Would recommend to anyone passing by Atlanta, or in the Buckhead area. Quick and efficient service operated by the MARTA train service to the city centre and airport nearby.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank WalkerSavings
Paula W, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Atlanta Buckhead, responded to this review, 8 April 2013
Thank you for selecting our hotel during your stay in Atlanta. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. Please stay with us again soon.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2013

I arrived here yesterday with my daughter. since I usually travel alone, my Marriott preference is for one bed and that is the way the reservation went in. I am a Marriott gold card member so when I arrived I asked if we could get a two bed accommodation since 1) I am with my daughter, and 2) both of us (unbelievably) have several herniated discs in our backs. Incredible- I know!!!

We were told that they could not get us a two bed accommodation for the entire length of our 5 night stay, so the best they could do was a queen size bed and a pull out sofa. Well, the room was nice enough, but certainly not good for backs. I checked again later that night and was told that they now had a room for us with two beds for our entire stay.

We moved right away and the room is perfect for us. So, now I have seen two rooms and I can say that everything here is of marriott quality. I stayed in the Marriott Marquis in NYC at $400/night and this room actually offers more (just not in the heart of times square- lol). The beds are comfortable. The towels are plush and new. The refridgerator is full size, the microwave is great, dishwasher, coffee in room. The sitting area has a sofa, and two chairs, along with a computer station. Flat screen tv. I could not ask for me.

I will be traveling to Atlanta more often now since my daughter is relocation here and I think I have found the perfect spot for my family to stay when we come to visit her. The parking is FREE and in a covered garage. Wifi is Free and with good signal. it is in walking distance of stores and restaurants. Flat Screen TV.

Everyone at the front desk was kind and accommodating. Everyone who works here gives you a smile and a warm hello. The breakfast was good with one exception-- I wish there was some fresh fruit.

All and all, this was a great find.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank epfjr
Thank you for taking the time to let us know what you think of our property. We appreciate your feedback.
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2013

I was impressed from the moment I walked into the hotel, receiving a VERY warm "Hello!" from Lauren at the front desk. My check in process was quick and painless, and Lauren went out of her way to accomodate my room request near a door or elevator, and even offered me a room on the first floor! This is important to me because I received a large number of packages shipped to the hotel, and was often running in and out, so convenience of location is a timesaver.

Upon my request for menus of restaurants in the area who deliver, Lauren provided me with a wide assortment from which to choose. She also made a recommendation which turned out to be

This property also offers free washers and dryers, and laundry soap and dryer sheets are available at their In A Pinch store. Everyone was helpful and kind, and I will most certainly return.
If I had to give any negative feedback it would be the business center computer was not working the morning of my departure so I could not print my boarding pass, and the closet in my Queen Suite could have used a light. Actually, the bedroom lighting could use a bit of improvement because the only full length mirror is in the bedroom on the closet doors, and it would have been nice to have more than ambient lighting available.

Overall, this is a superb hotel for the price. My experience was a good one!

Room Tip: Simply ask for what you want/need! Staff was quite helpful and accomodating.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Paula W, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Atlanta Buckhead, responded to this review, 23 March 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and hope that you will stay again.
Atlanta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2013

Nice room. It was well equipped. I didn't use the kitchen but everything was there if I needed it. I liked the size and layout of the room. One minor problem was that there was not an accessible outlet near the bed and I had to plug in my phone across the room. Not a big deal, though. I guess they expected guests to cook their own breakfast, because the breakfast items were setup on the check in window and nothing was heated, all had to be microwaved.
Overall, this visit was good and it was close to where I had to be the next morning.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank my89pickup
Paula W, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Atlanta Buckhead, responded to this review, 22 February 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel. We appreciate your business and hope you will use us again on your next trip to Atlanta.