“Close to I -85” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #107 of 172 Hotels in Atlanta
Glen Allen, Virginia, United States
“Close to I -85”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

Reason I chose this one because it is near I-85. But the room was very tight when we pulled out sofabed. Gym was very small too. Breakfast choice was enough for my family. We prefer oatmeal, fruit and cereal types. It Is for a travel who was passing town and just need a clean, safe place to have a good night sleep.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Marilyn R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

We were going to spend two weeks at this property and after one night decided to relocate the group to another hotel nearby.

Breakfast was inedible -- couldn't stand the thought of eating the same pre-packaged processed foods for two weeks.

Rooms were very dated. The proximity to the highway and perceived lack of privacy makes it for a very dark room when you don't feel comfortable opening your curtains.

Location is okay -- short drive / walking distance to some restaurants and a Target.

Would not come back if in this area.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank surreyuk
Bury St Edmunds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2013

After reading some of the reviews on here, I thought I would write mine to give a real expectation of the hotel. Firstly.....I can't fault the hotel. The staff were attentive and friendly, the rooms were HUGE!, the rooms consisted of everything one could ever want, the location was great, the breakfast was of good standard and the overall atmosphere throughout the place was extremely high! I honestly believe that people are being too fussy over this hotel, you get what you pay for!

Personally I think the place is great :D

P.S. The hotel is opposite a QuickTrip so if you get hungry or thirsty, you're never too far away from resolving the issue. Also the hotel is a short 10 minute walk away from the nearest marta station which is GREAT when you want to explore without wanting to drive.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank Maccaboy123
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2013

This hotel is sort of on the level of a HyattPlace I suppose. It is located in a great location off GA 400, it is near a very busy interaction but surprisingly really quiet because I couldn't hear a lot of noise outside. You can tell the hotel is older, a renovation wouldn't hurt but it is kept up pretty good. The staff is really pleasant, always speaking to you as you're entering in and out of the hotel. Also, there is always a security guard around the lobby so that is an extra plus. I'm not an early riser so I kept missing the continental breakfast, I came late one morning and the guy was nice of enough to fix me a bowl of cereal as he was cleaning up. I would recommend this hotel to anyone based on location alone and would stay here again if I needed to.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank JCW77
New Orleans
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2013

Enroute to Myrtle Beach, we spent a night at towneplace buckhead, The staff was courteous and informative, and the rooms were adequate for an overnight stay. The free breakfast was so-so and I mssed the hot eggs that I normally eat atbreakfast. Overall it was not a bad experience and I would probably stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank stone50
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2013

I was expecting a lot more from a Marriott Property. No desk light. Only choice is to turn on overhead light in Kitchen for some illumination.

Small TV's when compared to Residence Inn or Hampton Inn. Very noisy a/c and thermostat is hard to set at a temp.

Breakfast is a complete joke. Some plastic pieces of sausage in a roll that you put in a microwave. Nothing else Hot no eggs bacon etc which you always get at a Residence Inn or even at Hilton's Hampton Inn's

Juices are in 1 oz cardboard containers with a straw attached. Same thing with muffins a joke wrapped in plastic.

People at the desk very friendly but at these prices I expect a lot more and can get it at many other chains.

Don't know if this is typical, but I won't be choosing this chain in the future.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank firecat46
Goose Creek, South Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2013 via mobile

This was my third stay at this hotel and this time wasn't so thrilled. No lotion in room. No help from staff this time. Kinda disappointed with hotel this time. Spa wasn't open. No pool! But loved the room

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank FenwayMomma
Paula W, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Atlanta Buckhead, responded to this review, 18 May 2013
I would like to thank you for taking your time to share your comments on your recent stay. I was sorry to hear that you had no help from the staff. I would certainly welcome getting more details on that as we try to assist each and every guest that we can. I want to personally apologize that you did not experience genuine hospitality during your visit. We are currently renovating the pool and the spa will open this weekend. We do have lotion available upon at no charge just let the front desk or room attendants know. I am sorry for your inconvenience but please try us again so you can see we are truly dedicated to your comfort.