“Cool Italian food in a small gem of a restaurant.”
Review of BoccaLupo

BoccaLupo
Ranked #156 of 3,959 Restaurants in Atlanta
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Inman Park
“Cool Italian food in a small gem of a restaurant.”
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

A friend and I tried getting a reservation at BoccaLupa in Atlanta. The only time available was around ten that evening. They did say that the bar serves the full menu. We happily got to the place around 7 on a Friday night and sat comfortably at the bar. Hillary was the bartender/server for us. She really was knowledgeable about the menu. She recommended the specials and the menu items. We loved the food. We will be back. We will try to sit at the bar with Hillary again!

• Visited March 2014

Atlanta
“Tries too hard to be trendy, too expensive”
Reviewed 28 March 2014

This new arrival in Inman Park tries too hard to be trendy. Each dish seems to have two more exotic ingredients than needed—this is also true of the drink menu as well. Fried shrimp arrived lukewarm, not sizzling as expected. A baked dish likewise seemed to have spent some time away from the oven. The space is difficult, a bit awkward and cramped, a cross between 1960s beach-modern and northeastern roadhouse. All of this might be OK if the prices were modest, but they are not. In fact they match a couple of far better restaurants that are just a few blocks away.

• Visited March 2014
Chicago, Illinois
“Amazing pastas!”
Reviewed 24 February 2014

We had the 4 plate pasta tasting. Each course was better than the last which ended with a huckleberry pie. I can't wait to go back!

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Antoinette C
“Fabulous food”
Reviewed 11 January 2014 via mobile

I've been three times, tried different wines, cocktails, salads and entrees. Each one has been distinctive and superb.

The service is a bit unpolished. I'm very middle aged and would prefer not to be addressed as "guys" or "my dear." Ma'am and folks still work.

I highly recommend trying this excellent restaurant and trusting the staff's wine recommendations.

1 Thank Rosemarie56
London, UK
“I think they can do better”
Reviewed 4 January 2014

I've been to this restaurant twice in the last 6 months. Nice environment, although the main dining room is too loud for conversation when the restaurant is full. Interesting menu and mostly very good food. Service can be hit or miss - it's friendly enough, but on our last visit the gap between starters and mains was inexplicably long yet the waitress rushed us by clearing plates before everyone was finished and she brought the bill while we were still eating dessert. That's OK for a diner but this is an upscale place!

On our last visit I was pleasantly surprised to see a special pasta with white truffle. This is not something I see often in Atlanta so I gave it a try. What a disappointment! The truffle was obviously past it's useful life and never should have been offered by the chef. I told the waitress before I ordered that I have quite a lot of experience with white truffles -- I've enjoyed many truffle menus during the season in London and in fact I attended the white truffle festival in Alba this past November, so I do know my white truffles! This truffle simply should not have been served, especially considering there is a $20 supplement that goes with it. I sincerely believe the chef was taking advantage of Atlanta diners who don't know any better. Very naughty! This is why I'm giving 2 stars instead of 4.

• Visited January 2014