We stayed two nights in a superior room. The stay was in every aspect a wonderful stay, all the way from the very personal and informative reception. This is the rare kind of hotel where the star rating system doesn’t really tell you the level of service provided.
The room was bright, beautifully decorated and of decent size. It offered good views of the surrounding countryside and a private terrace. More or less perfect, but a better air condition would be preferable. Wifi in the room would also have been nice.
The property itself offers a huge lawn and a good pool. It also has sun loungers for all guests. The breakfast/dinner terrace was also spacious and offered the same wonderful views as the rest of the property. A few more tables in the shade would have been good for breakfast, as it gets too hot in the sun and the indoor breakfast room does not boost any views. The food served was of high quality, especially dinner. The concept is homemade, local food, and you do not get any choice of plates. This can be a bit too exciting for some, but for us they provided some of the best dinners on ours two week round trip of Spain.
As other reviewers have pointed out the road leading to the hotel is a bit narrow, but not too tricky. Our build-in GPS did not find the hotel, but the mobile app from TomTom did. There are also a couple of signposts showing the way from the village. It looked like there is just enough parking for everybody at the hotel.
To sum up I would say that this stay was definitely one of the highlights of our trip to Spain. If you like good service, tranquillity and lovely views, this hotel is an excellent destination in its own right.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Almunia del Valle is a boutique charm hotel situated in one of the most beautiful spots in the Sierra Nevada Natural Park located in the municipality of Monachil, Granada, Andalucía. At just 8 kilometers form downtown Granada, the hotel gives the visitor the luxury to be able to enjoy a natural setting of the valley, surrounded by the high picks, and crossed by the river that gives its name to the village Monachil where light and silence claim our senses. The owners Jose Manuel Plana & Patricia Merino supervise daily and personally every detail, the high level of attention given to our guest by the hotel staff makes the stay in La Almunia an unforgettable experience ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, LoveHolidays, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your La Almunia del Valle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Almunia Del Valle Hotel Monachil
- La Almunia Del Valle Monachil
- La Almunia Del Valle Province Of Granada/Sierra Nevada National Park, Spain