Words cannot express what a wonderful experience this hotel is. My husband booked us, and our two dogs, in for one night whilst we travelled north. Luckily, it snowed during the night. The views from the hotel are beautiful but, with the sun shining on the snow, they were breathtaking. The snow was exceptionally heavy, and for a while we were all snowed in. Patricia (the owner) and Maria (the receptionist) kept bringing round coffee, tea and juices, along with toasted sandwiches, for which, when we eventually left, we were not charged for. By late afternoon the road was cleared and the guests who were leaving anyway could get out. We decided to stay another night, and I am so very glad we did. We have never stayed anywhere before that made us feel so very comfortable, relaxed and warm. By warm, I mean warm inside, in your stomach, in your heart.
Our room was delightful, warm and cosy and beautifully decorated. Not only was there tea and coffee facilities but also complimentary juices, water, biscuits and chocolates.
Dinner, we ate on two nights, was a lovely, gourmet style, five course meal, beautifully cooked and presented. Well worth the 35 euros each.
Breakfast was amazing. Such an array of fresh fruits, breads, hams, cheeses, yoghurts, crossaints and even smoked salmon. Freshly squeezed orange juice and great coffee.
The guest lounge, where we spent many a happy hour, was homely and comfortable, with a huge log fire.
My husband and I go everywhere with our tech, iPads, iPhone, Samsung and Blackberry. Would we have liked wifi in our room, yes. But, on reflection, that is where we would have stayed and we would have missed out on the very cosy lounge, where wifi is available anyway.
The owners; Manuel and Patricia personally saw us off as if they had been so pleased we had stayed and would miss us. An act, who knows. But it worked. We left we sadness and do so hope we go back there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Almunia del Valle is a boutique charm hotel situated in one of the most beautiful spots in the Sierra Nevada Natural Park located in the municipality of Monachil, Granada, Andalucía. At just 8 kilometers form downtown Granada, the hotel gives the visitor the luxury to be able to enjoy a natural setting of the valley, surrounded by the high picks, and crossed by the river that gives its name to the village Monachil where light and silence claim our senses. The owners Jose Manuel Plana & Patricia Merino supervise daily and personally every detail, the high level of attention given to our guest by the hotel staff makes the stay in La Almunia an unforgettable experience ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your La Almunia del Valle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Almunia Del Valle Hotel Monachil
- La Almunia Del Valle Monachil
- La Almunia Del Valle Province Of Granada/Sierra Nevada National Park, Spain