It is 20 minute drive from Grenada to la almunia. The hotel is located outside a small village on a preferred hillside place with spectacular view over the valley. The town itself has some small and nice looking restaurants for those who prefer to go out for dinner - Grenada is too far away for dinner. We had dinner twice at the hotel which was a fixed menu, simple but good.
We were lucky to get one of the two new rooms which are located top of the hotel with a huge terrasse with sun loungers, table and beautiful view. It is on the same level as the restaurant terrasse. The room is very modern and tastefully decorated with big floor to ceiling windows and a good size. The other rooms are at the lower level, also good views and most of them with a terrasse. Our terrasse had no shade- too hot to stay on the terrasse during daytime. The pool has a reasonable size, some sunloungers, shade from the trees and with a nice view over the valley. The public areas are surprisingly modern as you would not expect first when arriving at this remote place in the valley. Overall atmosphere is very relaxed, good and friendly service. During lunchtime, there is no service but you can order a picnic basket which we did. This was a bit a disappointing experience considering the food.
Overall a remote, calm, relaxing place with a touch of luxury in a familiar atmosphere. It is a good option for a day trip to Grenada, but not a place to stay when you want to go out for dinner to the town of Grenada.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Almunia del Valle is a boutique charm hotel situated in one of the most beautiful spots in the Sierra Nevada Natural Park located in the municipality of Monachil, Granada, Andalucía. At just 8 kilometers form downtown Granada, the hotel gives the visitor the luxury to be able to enjoy a natural setting of the valley, surrounded by the high picks, and crossed by the river that gives its name to the village Monachil where light and silence claim our senses. The owners Jose Manuel Plana & Patricia Merino supervise daily and personally every detail, the high level of attention given to our guest by the hotel staff makes the stay in La Almunia an unforgettable experience ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your La Almunia del Valle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Almunia Del Valle Hotel Monachil
- La Almunia Del Valle Monachil
- La Almunia Del Valle Province Of Granada/Sierra Nevada National Park, Spain