We stayed 3 wonderful nights at La Almunia whilst on our honeymoon and stayed in room 7 (superior double). From the moment we arrived, our lovely hosts made us feel very welcome - nothing would appear to be too much trouble. The views from every part of this small hotel are quite simply stunning and it would have been very easy not to have ventured far. However, with Granada an easy 15 minute drive away La Alhambra is a must, and truly worthy of a whole days visit. The drive from the village of Monachil to the hotel is not for the faint hearted but well worth the effort - be sure to follow the hotel's directions as we did and you won't go wrong. Our room had every home comfort from forgotten toothbrushes to cosy bathrobes and slippers. As someone who is very fussy about bed comfort; I slept blissfully and without complaint; which is rare. We dined here 2 evenings and thoroughly enjoyed every course of each 4 course set menu especially the Iberian pork fillet, in addition the little bar was able to provide us with any beverage that we cared to ask for. This is a chic, luxurious and stylish hotel set in the most idyllic setting, owned and run by Manuel and Patricia the nicest kindest and most attentive hosts you could ask for. We look forward to our return and will rely on our very happy memories to sustain us till then.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Almunia del Valle is a boutique charm hotel situated in one of the most beautiful spots in the Sierra Nevada Natural Park located in the municipality of Monachil, Granada, Andalucía. At just 8 kilometers form downtown Granada, the hotel gives the visitor the luxury to be able to enjoy a natural setting of the valley, surrounded by the high picks, and crossed by the river that gives its name to the village Monachil where light and silence claim our senses. The owners Jose Manuel Plana & Patricia Merino supervise daily and personally every detail, the high level of attention given to our guest by the hotel staff makes the stay in La Almunia an unforgettable experience ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your La Almunia del Valle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Almunia Del Valle Hotel Monachil
- La Almunia Del Valle Monachil
- La Almunia Del Valle Province Of Granada/Sierra Nevada National Park, Spain