“Quaint, pretty mountain village accomodation”
Review of Finca los Llanos

Finca los Llanos
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Capileira
Reviewed 24 September 2012

Quaint rooms, ours was not huge but we chose a smaller double room over a larger twin room. The views from our balcony over the mountains were spectacular, especially with the rapidly changing weather...it never looked the same twice. Breakfast was the best we had in Spain (but the coffee was from a machine) and our receptionist poured very large glasses of wine in the bar! The pool was pretty and the location in the village was good.

Room Tip: Mountain facing, large double (not 111).
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank cj6475

Reviewed 2 June 2012

The hotel has good (basic) accomodation. We had a room with a nice balcony with view over the pool and valley. Staff are very helpfull and the restaurant has a nice breakfast buffet and good menu for dinner (if you choose to eat there, which we did once). Furthermore, the walks start virtually at the hotel (La Cebadilla). All in all we had a nice stay and this hotel is good value for money.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JWM68
Reviewed 18 April 2012

I really enjoyed my three-night stay at this hotel! We were upgraded at the point of check-in, so had a room (including a separate 'TV snug') with a balcony. The views were breath-taking... light shifting over the surrounding mountains, tinkling sheep/goat bells in the distance, and a panorama of Capileira's groovy chimneys :)

Our room was clean and spacious but the walls were a little 'paper thin', so we could hear our immediate neighbours' movements/chatter. This didn't really bother me though, because we were there in low season and the place was generally very peaceful.

The buffet-style breakfast was good, offering a reasonable selection of food-types (although mostly wheat-heavy). I was a bit disappointed with the 'instant coffee' machine, having had proper coffee on the first morning but not for the remaining two... but I'm fussy like that!

The hotel is a great base for walking. We explored the glorious Poqueria gorge, as far as the abandoned village of Cebadilla, and the hotel receptionist was really helpful in terms of providing clear directions and a map. Capileira itself is also very charming and friendly.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Drift10
Reviewed 17 October 2011

We had a great stay here in October, where the staff were very friendly and helpful and had plenty of activity advice.

The room itself was well-presented & clean. My only mark down is we were lead to believe there would be a view, but our only view was of a building from our balcony. Still a place we would recommend to others however

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 November 2010

I spent five nights here in October. The hotel is a bit of a mixed bag. There are good points and bad points.

First, the good points. The hotel is well situated in Capileira. The rooms are clean and although not huge they are of a decent size. I actually had two rooms as I stayed for two nights and came back later in my holiday for three nights. The first room had a small window and no view but the second room had a small balcony and a limited but good view.

The two spanish reception staff I dealt with were helpful and professional. I'd say they were fantastic and would do anything they could to help.

The hotel has a wifi connection but you can only really use it in the reception area, however it is free and reasonably quick. They also have one pc in the reception area which is available if you do not have a laptop with you.

Now on to the not so good:

1. At 630am the central heating would be switched on. To say that there is a lot of noise from the water pipes and radiators would be an understatement. You just cannot sleep through it. Now, in summer this would obviously not be a problem!

2. Breakfast is extremely average. The tray of cold fried eggs they left out each morning was indicative of this. I don't know what dinner is like but breakfast put me off trying it!

3. The english receptionist is deeply patronising and to be honest is more like a holiday company rep. I'm not convinced she should be in the hospitality industry.

Would I stay again? I think I would on balance. Although I wouldn't look forward to breakfast or being patronised.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank J P
Reviewed 18 September 2010

We loved our stay - good to escape the heat of Granada and to arrive in Capileira where the mountain air was cooler, but still very warm for September. The staff were excellent and we were given a really nice room. Lots of great walks around the area and would recommend the trip with the National Park staff to the foot of Mulhacen - great walk to the summit. A lovely experience and one definitely want to return!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Squirrelfan
Reviewed 14 August 2010

I was extremely disppointed with this hotel. My partner and I booked for three nights but after one night I was ready to leave. The view from our room was spectacular, overlooking the mountains but the room was dirty, loud (we could hear EVERY single movement our neighbours made) the beds hard and the sheets rough. I wouldn't recommend this hotel to a friend. Very uncomfortable stay.

1  Thank PrettyPlanet
Also consider these accommodations in or near Capileira
Hostal Poqueira
#1 of 1 in Mecina Fondales
Puerta Nazari
Puerta Nazari
#2 of 3 in Orgiva

Been to Finca los Llanos? Share your experiences!