“Fantastic Flamenco Teacher”

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic Flamenco Teacher”
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Looking for a place to learn Flamenco? Then, I highly recommend this school! I went to Spain in search for the "Duende" (the magic) of Flamenco and I found "La Fuente"! In the lovely mountain village Capileira, I met Cristina (the owner) and her daughter Paula (who recently gave birth to the third generation in the Flamenco studio!) and their family. They made me feel at home at once! I was very lucky to have 4 hours of dancing lessons with Paula during the weekend. She was really dedicated! A great teacher, with the right spirit and a wonderful sense of humor. She gave me key knowledge, ... and my understanding of Flamenco reached a new level. A true inspiration!
I also had the pleasure of participating in a "cajon" class. The teacher Antonio insisted and so I got one more oppurtunity to understand the core of the Flamenco rythms. Challeging, yes... and great fun! Though, it was great travelling alone, I would recommend the school for small groups. It would have been fantastic to share this experience with my Flamenco friends in Norway. I really regret that I couldn't stay longer... and I'm already dreaming of going back to Capileira and the Fuente-team... Ole!
Susann, April 2014