“The Best Restaurant in Almunecar”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of El Chaleco

El Chaleco
Ranked #7 of 257 Restaurants in Almunecar
Price range: US$10 - US$22
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: The restaurant "El Chaleco" Bib Gourmand Michelin specialising in French cuisine are located in Almunecar. We will be pleased to invite you to a quiet and accessible atmosphere. Lydie, Renaud and their team will be happy to give you an idea of the little extra touch of French living. Opened in 1997, "El Chaleco" has tempted their customers with their dynamism, seriousness and pricing policy for many years. Indeed thanks to our professionalism, we can offer you for only 21,95 €, a first course, a main course of meat or fish with bread and a nice dessert as well. All selected to your own taste from the menu and without any additional charge, even the taxes are included. Almunecar possesses an exceptional climate and an..... El Chaleco restaurant.
London
“The Best Restaurant in Almunecar”
Reviewed 11 October 2013

When you tire of the fried seafood in Almunecar, take a trip up the hill to El Chaleco on the edge of town. This excellent French restaurant served us fat North Atlantic scallops, turbot 'le roi des poissons', and home made ravioli, all cooked to perfection. Delicious and kindly service from the hostess whom seems equally at ease in Spanish, French or English.

Visited October 2013
14 Thank SkyetravellerLondon
LydiaElchaleco, Propriétaire at El Chaleco, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
Hello,
Thank you very much for the time and your opinion on the restaurant el chaleco we all read with pleasure your good assessments the whole team this seal has me to thank you and we hope to see you again soon among us.
Lydia Renaud Carmen Stéphane.

Brighton, United Kingdom
“Sandra&Kevin Mon 15th July 2013”
Reviewed 13 August 2013

It was that good, we came back with my Brother five days later! 1st time on the 15th July, we picked from the surprise menu: small portions, but very good! One lady could speak very good english, the other poco! not an issue. The only complaint worth mentioning, on my 2nd return with my brother & his wife which both live in Granada, was when we made the booking we asked for the same table which was in the corner with your back to the main road. When we arrived this table was taken, we asked for the same on the opposite side, no one told us it was next to the loo! no sign to indicate this, it was used constantly by lots of children. why did they not tell-us?

• Visited July 2013
9 Thank Kevinstirling
LydiaElchaleco, Propriétaire at El Chaleco, responded to this review, 14 August 2013
Sir Strirling
Thank you very much for your opinion; it is true that during the holidays we have children and unfortunately some parents little attentive, we are sorry for this inconvenience.If you give us the pleasure to come we review out holiday you will find that the atmosphere is totally different.On behalf of all the team thank you again.
Lydia, Renaud, Carmen, Stéphane.
“A very good dining experience”
Reviewed 9 August 2013 via mobile

We visited the restaurant on the evening of the 7th August. The welcome was very warm and the Maître d' (a French lady) was able to converse in Spanish, French and English which was a bonus as my Spanish is fairly lame! My wife and I ordered from the three course menu at a price of 21.95 € each (plus a small supplement added for the lamb shank français that I chose) and my two children were offered Spaghetti at 13 € each. We all enjoyed the meal, which was of good quality and portion size. There is nothing more annoying to me than eating in a restaurant and leaving feeling hungry and I was happy that this was not the case here. The only criticism that I would have is that I thought that a restaurant of this quality in a prime tourist location should offer a more varied childrens menu and this should also be advertised on the website as is the case with the other menu options. At 13 € I thought that the spaghetti was a little expensive despite the fact that the kids enjoyed it and also enjoyed the chocolate ice cream dessert that was included in the price. Keeping the kids happy is very important when dinning in a restaurant as for the kids eating is a functional experience but for the parents the dinning experience is to be savoured and enjoyed. If you find yourself in this area the El Chaleco is definitely worth a visit :-)

• Visited August 2013
9 Thank Paul_P_F
LydiaElchaleco, Propriétaire at El Chaleco, responded to this review, 10 August 2013
Mr. Paul P_F,
We have read with attention your article on the restaurant El Chaleco in Almunecar;we decided to offer more choices to the menu child from that day this thanks to you and your family.
Thank you for the constructive criticism and we have help.
The whole team this seal has me to thank you for your help and for the compliments on the restaurant.The pleasure of you review
Lydia, Renaud, Carmen, Stephane,
Aalborg, Denmark
“Interesting food and wine, great service and a lovely cozy vibe”
Reviewed 24 July 2013

We visited El Chaleco Tuesday the 23th of July 2013. It was my farther's 48th birthday and from the minute we entered the resturante we felt welcome. The staff came promptly and recommended a glass of champagne while waiting for the rest of my family. The food was beautiful, simple, inspiring and tasty. The local wine had a fine price and a great, poweful taste which complimented the food in a good way. I bought a glass of single malt whisky after the dessert and i got a big glass of whisky - wow. 5.8 euro for 8 cl pure single malt - that is damm cheap. Me and my family had a lovely evening at this resturante and if I ever come back to Almunecar then I will definitely visit this place again. My farther was very pleased eating at El Chaleco at his birthday. I therefore give El Chaleco my best recommendations. It's like a beautiful hidden, little pearl in the ocean. Best Regards, Mr. Michael Trabjerg - Denmark.

• Visited July 2013
8 Thank Trabjerg
LydiaElchaleco, Propriétaire at El Chaleco, responded to this review, 26 July 2013
Mr Trajerg,
Really large a thank you for all your praises, we read with attention your opinion and we very sincerely thank you for the kindness of your remarks. Thank you as for time as you devoted has to write your criticism. All the team this joint has me,
Lydie, Renaud, Carmen, Stephan.
La Herradura, Spain
“MEMORABLE OCCASIONS”
Reviewed 23 October 2012

El Chaleco restaurant is a great favourite for my Husband and I, for us the most prestigeous restaurant in Almunecar, it is always a happy occasion to experience a romantic dinner and enjoy the Chef´s exciting specials, his creations and artistry are outstanding The whole team are attentive and professional, and deserve the highest accolades-from start to finsh, always a memorable evening.

• Visited October 2012
7 Thank megan w
LydiaElchaleco, Propriétaire at El Chaleco, responded to this review, 25 October 2012
Madam, Sir,
We read with great interest your kind notice about the restaurant El Chaleco, entire team thank you very much your kindness our, thank you for help.
Lydie, Renaud, Carmen, Stéphane.