“Excellent service and very good food”
Review of El Chaleco

El Chaleco
Ranked #6 of 279 Restaurants in Almunecar
Price range: US$11 - US$15
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The restaurant "El Chaleco" Bib Gourmand Michelin specialising in French cuisine are located in Almunecar. We will be pleased to invite you to a quiet and accessible atmosphere. Lydie, Renaud and their team will be happy to give you an idea of the little extra touch of French living. Opened in 1997, "El Chaleco" has tempted their customers with their dynamism, seriousness and pricing policy for many years. Indeed thanks to our professionalism, we can offer you for only 21,95 €, a first course, a main course of meat or fish with bread and a nice dessert as well. All selected to your own taste from the menu and without any additional charge, even the taxes are included. Almunecar possesses an exceptional climate and an..... El Chaleco restaurant.
Reviewed 28 May 2014

From the moment you walk in the door the service is friendly and highly efficient. The atmosphere inside the restaurant is calm with tables full, yet not crowded, and all enjoying quality food. From the amuse Boucher to the dessert the evening ran smoothly and we all left as content customers. The three course menu at around €21 was good value. The starters we opted for were all strong dishes and I particularly enjoyed the gambas ravioli. The porc tornedos was very tasty and the white salmon special was good if a little over cooked for my taste. Creme Brûlée and the other deserts went down well. Overall a very good evening was had by all!

13  Thank simoncoventry
LydiaElchaleco, Propriétaire at El Chaleco, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Mister Simon Cove,
Whole team of Chaleco thank you for the note that you give us
We are at your service to make you spend a pleasant time.
Any team thanks you again.
Lydia, Renaud,Carmen,stephane

Reviewed 4 May 2014

After read all the wonderful (old) reactions we were ready for a decent meal.
The offered dishes were very very far from delicious. My wife nearly ate anything.
Okay, the price is low, but everywhere in Spain we ate (much) better in the same price range.
As there were no other guests this is obviously not a place to look out for.

7  Thank Marnix D
LydiaElchaleco, Propriétaire at El Chaleco, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

We would like to thank you very much for taking the time to share your recent experience in our restaurant El Chaleco.
However I would like to extend my most sincere apologies for the inconveniences you experienced at El Chaleco. I really can understand your disappointment.
Kindest regards
El Chaleco

Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

First time at this restaurant was very nice and it must have been some 15 years ago. Been there 4-5 times. The owner is very kind and gives you a warm welcome, but the pace of innovations equals zero. Belive it or not but the meny haven't changed since 15 years ago. Honestly. . That is not good. Too booring will never go back.

5  Thank Brattlisand
LydiaElchaleco, Propriétaire at El Chaleco, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2014

Dear Mr Brattisand,
I wish to acknowledge your comment concerning your recent dinner in our restaurant El Chaleco.
First I would like to assure you that we constantly strive to achieve only the highest levels of quality, service and hospitality and I truly regret that we fell short of our goals. I would like to extend my most sincere apologies for the inconveniences you experienced. I really can understand your frustration and disappointment, as we hope to regain your confidence
Thank you again for your feedback which we take very seriously.
Postscript: Our menu changes completely Thursday, June 19, 2014

Reviewed 1 May 2014

We visited the restaurant with friends who had recommended it and which we thoroughly enjoyed. We chose the fixed price 3 course meal which was freshly cooked and very nicely presented. I would class this restaurant as sophisticated elegant dining at a reasonable price in my view. There was no rush to the meal and the hosts were very attentive but not obtrusive. My only very slight criticism is there should be more distance between the tables. Overall we had an excellent night out with our friends which concluded a very good holiday in Spain.

14  Thank les a
LydiaElchaleco, Propriétaire at El Chaleco, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Thank you Mr. Les A
Thank you for the time taken for your positive review. It is always a pleasure to have the opinion of an expert
It is with joy that we welcome you to El Chaleco and we thank you for your loyalty we will always do our best to serve you better.
The team greet you,
Lydia, Renaud, Carmen, Stéphane.

Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

We are regulars here. We come at least 8-10 times a year.
In all this time we have never been disappointed - Truly excellent.

14  Thank Ron B
LydiaElchaleco, Propriétaire at El Chaleco, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Hello Miser Ron B.
Whole team of El Chaleco thank you for the note that you give us
We are at your service to make you spend a pleasant time.
Any team thanks you again.
Lydia, Renaud,Carmen,stephane