“Stop looking - you'll find no better place to eat in Almunecar”
Review of Los Laureles - CLOSED

Los Laureles
Price range: US$19 - US$51
Cuisines: International
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Norway
“Stop looking - you'll find no better place to eat in Almunecar”
Reviewed 2 September 2010

Los Laureles is the perfect place to have dinner at after a long day under the sun.
I've been visiting Costa Sol and Almunecar regulary the last 18 years. Although the region have fantastic ingredients the cooking is in general terms less impressive - Los Laureles is a great exception. They have a perfect balance by a unigue atmosphere, knowledgebale and service minded servers and last but not least - excellent food. A visit in Almunecar is not the same without a visit to Los Laureles. We have brought many friends to the restaurants and they are all likly impressive. I and my family is looking for to next time and to taste the new meny.

Dallas, Texas
“Just OK”
Reviewed 5 May 2010

The setting for this restaurant is lovely and I based on the few reviews, I was eagerly looking forward to a great meal. While there were some highlights here, my overall impression of Los Laureles was not great.
The location is a quiet nook of Almunecar and I think a summer lunch on the terrace could be very pleasant. Inside, I found the dining room stark and cold. There are lots of hard surfaces and we could hear every word said by the diners on the far side of the room. They weren't speaking too loudly but the acoustics are so bad every noise echoes. The lights are harsh and my husband complained of the glare.
The starters we all had were divine. I had the goat's cheese and it was delicious. It would make a tasty lunch all by itself. Sadly, my main course was dreadful. I ordered the salmon with lentils and avocado puree. The salmon was very dry and overcooked, it was served with some white beans--not lentils--and the avocado puree competed for flavours. My husband said his steak was excellent though and the desserts our friends ordered were good.
Our waitress was pleasant and knowledgeable and her English was fluent.
I'd give Los Laureles another try for lunch sometime, but if I went again for dinner, I'd stick to a starter and dessert and skip the main course.

1 Thank jMacL
Sandra Q, Gerente at Los Laureles, responded to this review, 14 March 2012
We are very sorry that we didn´t fullfilled your expectations and we hope that you will give us another chance to make you totally happy.
Team Los Laureles
Trondheim, Norway
“Best place in town”
Reviewed 21 August 2009

What a wonderful place, a kind of hidden Eden's garden, quiet and charming, with the best food you can get in Almunecar. Have tried both the three-courses lunchmenu and the a la carte in the evenings. The problem is that it is almost impossible to choose, so much attractive and different food, prepared to perfection. Love the atmosphere and the winelist as well. And even if this is upper class food, the prices are more to the normal standard. Don't miss it if you are in Almunecar!

1 Thank Vinulf
Paris
“Best fine dining experience in the area”
Reviewed 1 June 2009

Food 10/10
Ambience 10/10 - both on terrace and inside
Service 8/10
Wine 10/10
Value for money 10/10

An exceptional restaurant in my opion. We had the 6 course tasting menu (served on Friday evenings, cost under 20 euros) and every course was delicious.

Courses included blue cheese croquettes with a walnut and pear salad, tempura bream on a bed of thai style stir fried veg, leek and potato soup with a delicious infused oil... my mouth is watering just thinking about it.

Our only complaint was that the portions were large, and after the 3rd course we were stuffed. We still manage to squeeze in the latter 3 though!

We washed it all down with a white from Rueda, which too was excellent.

I stronly suggest you try this restaurant. As soon as I return to spain I will be paying them another visit.

Certainly the best mid/high end restaurant I have found in that part of the world.

1 Thank natvy