“all is relative, also Italian restaurants in Almunecar”
Review of Dante

Dante
Ranked #61 of 267 Restaurants in Almunecar
Price range: US$12 - US$29
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Genuine Italian food prepared by the Italian owner and chef
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“all is relative, also Italian restaurants in Almunecar”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

well, to start, I have been in an other Italian 'restaurant' in down towm Almunecar that was clearly a drama, so my critic is relative in that sence.
My avocado shrimp at 'Dante' was plagued with clearly the last overdue avocado in the kitchen. Clearly only the best parts of it were taken, leaving me however with parts of a questionable avocado. But than I must admit my spaghety Aglio/Olio was (surprice!!) truly cooked 'al dente', and that is rare in the battle foield of Italian restaurants. Having said that, the red peppers in my spagethy were replaced by black pepper from the grinder. You may say whatever, but stiil, at the most simple (but tasteful) disg in the Italian kitchen it is a no no.
So free advice to the cook, dont fool around with the italian basics!
To you as reader, give it a try, good value for money, guarantee to the door, so far I can oversee the best in town. All being relative!
By the way, service as good. Nice venue close to the sea.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Antonio195731

London, United Kingdom
“Good Italian food and good service”
Reviewed 16 October 2013

I ate here with my family a couple of weeks ago as we have two young children and one thing we can guarantee the kids will eat is Pizza. My wife and I both went for pastas which we both could not fault, well cooked, fresh and very tasty. While the kids shared the old faithful Pizza Margherita of which there was little left by the time they had Finnish. What you get here is good honest Italian food, it's not going to make you go wow but you won't be disappointed. My only slight gripes were the wine menu was a bit lacking and the food came out really quickly approx 5 mins after ordering. Well worth a visit.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank LakesLondon
Madison, Wisconsin
“Still the Best Italian Restaurant in the Area”
Reviewed 9 October 2013

We visited Dante's again a few times on our recent trip to the Costa Tropical. It is a refreshing change from the sameness that one finds in so many of the area restaurants. My wife loves the Caprese salad and I am partial to the pasta and pizza. The service has always been very good and we will keep coming back when we are in Almunecar.

• Visited October 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Select Italian”
Reviewed 26 September 2013

Lovely Italian place that probably suffers a little as its at the end of the line for eating and drinking. This should not deter you. The food and service are both top notch. They even do take a way pizza which they will prepare whilst you have a drink. ideal for couples

Visited August 2013
Bexley, United Kingdom
“Fantastic (as usual)”
Reviewed 14 September 2013 via mobile

Visited on our last night in Almunecar with a group of friends, the food and service was excellent as we have now come to expect from Dante. It's also a great place to stop for a coffee after a hard mornings shopping. Ciro takes the time to make you feel welcome and will discuss at length the woes of owning a classic Alfa Romeo in a very light hearted way.
We highly recommend this restaurant.

Visited September 2013