“Great reviews are fully deserved”
Review of By Larius

By Larius
Ranked #74 of 261 Restaurants in Almunecar
Price range: US$11 - US$11
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Perfect location for a romantic/cozy environment for you and your familyAll our food has a focus on fresh food, homemade and a good quality.we do private parties such as birthdays / weddings / parties/buffet.We speak danish/spanish/english.
Lier, Norway
“Great reviews are fully deserved”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

We have visited this Danish-owned restaurant and its predecessors in the same location several times. Our most recent dinner was simply the best meal we have had in Almunecar over several years (we have a holiday home here). Three courses from a set menu, each outstanding, with very good wine and all at a reasonable price. Everyone in our group of 10 was extremely satisfied.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Michael_Wells

Dallas, Texas
“Magnificant. Simply Outstanding”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

I’ve dined here a number of times since this amazing restaurant opened on the beach. Each time, the experience has been such a delight that I look forward to a return visit. By Larius has so much going for it that it is worth a trip to Almuñécar just to enjoy an excellent dinner. They have done an amazing job of combining superb service, a delightful, welcoming atmosphere, and most of all incredible food that makes for the best dining experience on the coast.

From the moment you walk in, you are greeted by the friendly staff in a variety of languages. There are fresh flowers, candles, and in the winter, a most welcome open fireplace at the back. There is a terrace outside, a charming bar area (perfect for a before-dinner drink) and now a well-stocked wine cellar with a few tables which would be a perfect spot for a small dinner group. Everything is spotlessly clean and well taken care of.

Service is polite, soft spoken, and elegant—with the servers donning white gloves to handle your wine glasses and carefully describing each course as it is presented.

And the food!! This is such a cut above most restaurants in the region that By Larius is truly in a class of its own. One starts with a basket of their home-made bread and some delicate lemon butter or plain butter. Next, we’ve experienced several ‘amuse bouches’ from a tiny quail egg on a rye crisp to a small cup of a warming pumpkin soup.

The menu is varied and each course is artfully presented. I’ve sampled almost all of the offerings and among my favorites are the presa Iberica and the duck breast. Yum! I must say, I’m not crazy about the monkfish and I do wish they offered a chicken dish, but there are enough choices to please everyone. I wouldn’t normally suggest a hamburger in such a fine establishment, but the one here is worth a pilgrimage! My husband has also raved about the pasta and says their new rabbit dish is outstanding. I love how the staff even remembers which wine my husband enjoyed on our last visit when he can't remember! I seldom have room for dessert, but there is a nice selection. I don't even drink coffee, but I'd order one just for the little home-made chocolate and coconut treat that is served with the coffee!

Prices are very reasonable for the quality of the food and the fine service.The owners take great pride in their work and it shows.

For an excellent meal, this is the best restaurant in the area. If you haven’t tried it yet, what are you waiting for?!

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank jMacL
Manchester, United Kingdom
“First Class”
Reviewed 21 January 2014

With friends I have been to Almunecar for the last five years. In January many restaurants are closed. This was a real find. Food and service exceptional, we went twice in one week. Best meals I have had in years. I would most certainly recommend it. Very quiet, but a lovely welcoming open fire. More fine dining than in other local restaurants we visited. I hope business bucks up when the season really gets going.

• Visited January 2014
Almunecar, Spain
“Great food and attention to detail”
Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

We recently ate here and we're very pleased with what we ordered. Great attention to detail which is not something too common in this area. Would fully recommend and look forward to our next visit.

2 Thank SianBurton
London, United Kingdom
“Best Restaurant in the Area”
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Two meals in a week, both superb, exceptionally friendly and helpful staff. Interesting menu and one dish in particular, the Turbot with cauliflower was exceptional. Would hughly recommend.

• Visited October 2013