We have just returned from Playa Calida - unfortunately I have just read similar reviews, in that the food was basic, the same every day, and dished up for the masses without little thought for the 'customer'. The staff were not very helpful, and never went out of their way to help or be considerate (it was just a job for them !). The swimming pools were super, but I can only cringe at the cleanliness of them (don't put your goggles on and go under water - you'll think you've just shared the pool with the local sheep dip farm !!!).
The entertainment was the worst we've seen, we went out most nights to some nice local areas (Nerja/Frigliani/Almuneca) - to be honest this hotel was being run on a shoe string budget, it was obvious, with the 'punter' getting a raw deal.
If you're used to Pontins holidays then you'll be fine. If you expect more then avoid this place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Granada's Costa Tropical is characterised by having a warm climate all year round, abundant natural resources, kind, friendly locals and excellent connections with the rest of Andalusia and the Peninsula. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Playacalida Spa Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lti Playacalida Hotel Almunecar
- Playacalida Hotel Almunecar
- Playacalida Spa Hotel Almunecar, Province Of Granada, Spain