“Good hotel ... Great value for money”
Review of La Najarra

La Najarra
Ranked #23 of 24 Hotels in Almunecar
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights and were pleasantly surprised at how good it was having read some negative reviews.
Our party of people booked 4 rooms, one was a single but was still actually a twin bedded room, no problem there ! The rooms were clean and comfortable, the showers had constant hot water, the hair dryer worked fine, these are all things I had read some negative reviews about. Only one of our party had a shower which had a loose fitting., maybe if we were staying longer we would have reported it.
We had breakfast included in our stay which was very nice, buffet style, eggs, bacon, frankfurter style sausages,all freshly cooked plus the usual toast jams, cold meats etc. Lovely coffee from the machine. Served from 8.30 - 10am, we went about 9am for ours. The lady working in the restaurant was very nice and friendly.
I would also like to add that the reception staff were also friendly and helpful, they could speak English, although we didn't' really need them to. They gave us a map showing us directions to places we wanted to go.
Some other reviewers seem to have had problems but I think that for a 3* hotel it is good value for money and would definitely stay there again, it's nicely located for the beach or a pleasant walk into the old town with all its bars and restaurants.
Just to add the WiFi was fair

Room Tip: Rooms at the rear are probably quieter.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 24 April 2014

I was very disappointed at the customer service I received from the owner of this hotel. He pretty much stole my money without me ever staying at his hotel. He refused to reimburse me or reinstate my reservation, which he said was canceled by me. He did not understand that it was a misunderstanding and that my intention was never to cancel the reservation. His response was cynical and ironic; refused to give me the benefit of the doubt. The more serious issue is that he said the days I wanted were already booked and therefore, he was unable to let me stay at the hotel either, even though he had already charged my credit card. Upon seeing how I upset I was, in a very rude and condescending tone he said he would contact me if anyone canceled their reservations or if he came up with some kind of solution. After almost two weeks of no contact, the owner e-mailed me saying I would be able to stay at his hotel for an additional fee which was the cost of him "relocating" a guest to another hotel for two days. He was upset that I did not accept his arrangement, since basically his story made no sense and it seemed like he was just trying to take advantage of the situation and charge me MORE money. Luckily, the website where I made my reservation was extremely helpful and understanding. I have since booked my stay at another hotel and would NEVER do business with La Najarra. The owner is rude and has absolutely no consideration or respect for customers. Spend a little more and stay at a hotel where you know you will be valued as a customer. Lastly, if you're investing your money for a holiday, one thing you should not disregard is the importance of cleanliness and comfort. Many reviews, on this site as well as others, have stated that this hotel is definitely not what it appears to be in its pictures. From cigarette burns on mattresses to mold, mildew, toilets that don't work.... you might as well avoid the headache altogether! Vacation is a time to relax and be happy!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank UnaNomadaSinRumbo
Reviewed 23 November 2013

I really enjoyed our stay in this hotel. The room was basic but clean with a comfy bed. The wiring on the hairdryer in the bathroom looked a little scary but I used it and nothing terrible happened. Best of all was the warm, friendly welcome from reception every time we arrived or left. I would definitely stay here again and would not hesitate to recommend to others.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 November 2013

It does not look like the pictures...A lot of things dont work,like fans,toilets,wifi,bath....I tried 4 different rooms,and all had a big mold and fungus problem in the bathroom...Even the pillows etc,smelled of fungus....They said non smoking room,but there was a ashtray in the room,and when i showed them,they told me to put it back!AND the breakfast was TERRIBLE,and the staff was looking and controlling everything that you eat,afraid you will steal the food....No wonderthis is the cheapst hotel in almunecar....

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Tim M
Reviewed 19 September 2013

The hotel is in an excellent location.
It has free wifi, very helpful staff, and well equipped rooms.
We got an excellent price and a nice big room with a terrace. At the price we paid I don't know how people can complain.
We will be back.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 September 2013

The hotel looks OK from the outside but the room wasn't good. Old furniture and a musty smell. The bathroom had paint peeling off the ceiling and there was mould on the tile grouting. Generally very shabby. Found a large burn hole in the mattress which had to be 'plugged' with a towel. The only good points were that the air con worked and the wifi signal reached the bedroom. Trip was paid for by work as it was a business stop over thank goodness. Won't re-visit.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Barbara H
Reviewed 13 July 2013

This hotel has a great location with only a 5 minute walk to the beach and at the start of July found it relatively easy to park for free.

Room was modern and well equipped, although on the small side.

We stayed half board and would do it again as it was good value for money. The choice was limited as it is such a small hotel, but quality was excellent.

The hotel is unusual in that it is actually just one floor of an apartment block with which it shares the pool area. It is a bit of a trek round the back to the pool, but this would not put us off returning.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple