We were fortunate to have a Groupon deal to stay here so that meant we could visit somewhere we otherwise wouldn't afford!
Everything is as the website indicates- including wonderful established gardens of this 19th century house originally of sugar-cane factory owner.Entry to the grounds was by elegant gates but these could do with an automated mechanism! Present management told us its family history and explained the display of photographs in the ground floor stairwell. Within minutes I felt I belonged there, such was the casual comfort afforded to guests- rooms to read in, lounge, browse magazines etc. Everything that's been preserved or restored is fabulous, though the furniture collection does have the feeling of being a 'job-lot' from an auction but that's interesting in itself being antiquated and authentic! Therein lies the sense of uniqueness of the place.... from the quirky pattern of breakfast being served first in the designated room then next morning in the garden- in the shade, without thought of it being cold- to the utterly docile 'bear-sized' cream dog gracing the dining room, its colour entirely complementing the decor! In warmer temps this place will be totally magical, providing tranquil ambience, pool, gardens and if required apparently dinner - with notice. A menu with prices was in the room but we suspected would have had the feeling described elsewhere of beinga lone experience and feeling of being in someone else’s house. Nothing was too much trouble if we asked..... e.g. milk for tea in the room and coffee which wasn’t provided in the room- however although we were given a coffee machine the maid had already made some next morning and willingly offered it. The Casa is minimal distance from Salobrena and Motril and can be seen from the main road elegantly adorning its elevated position amongst the trees so offers a haven from everyday bustle whilst being accessible to these very different conurbations with their range of facilities and attractions. We enjoyed the antiquity of Salobrena and modernity of Motril equally, including a concert in the Motril theatre with its original design and seating and where carnations were handed out to the ladies. Magical visit all round.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Italian style palace of the nineteenth century, Artistic historical monument, with gardens of S. XVIII and XIX century. Pool, free parking, free wifi, magnificent restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, LoveHolidays, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Priceline, Odigeo, Agoda, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Casa de los Bates reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa De Los Bates Hotel Motril
- Casa De Los Bates Province Of Granada/Motril, Spain