“Friendly service, great tapas”
Review of Meson de la Villa

Meson de la Villa
Ranked #17 of 82 Restaurants in Salobrena
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 22 September 2013

I ate here twice during my short stay, as I was alone and felt comfortable here. Both times I was served very tasty and traditional Spanish tapas with my drink, and my meals were very nice too.

Reviewed 25 August 2013

We have visited this meson on many occasions purel for the fantastic variety of wines that they have to offer, plus they are very genorous with their tapas. Friendly staff and the general ambience of the place make it well worth a visit.

1  Thank pabloghmal
Reviewed 3 August 2013

I really recommend you find this place in the middle of Salobrena. Its a little walk away from the sea front in the middle of the residential and shopping area. We came here twice for a few drinks and the tapas we were served was fantastic. Like others have said the setting is outside in a pretty shaded plaza area and feels like a hidden gem when you stumble across it.

Some reviews have not been great for the food but try some Tapas and you will really love it.

Reviewed 18 July 2013

The restaurant is located in a very pretty, quiet and shady plaza filled with palm trees. The setting is lovely and quiet. The service was good and friendly. However, we were very disappointed with the food. Plenty of salads to choose from but over half the vegetables were out of a tin, e.g. the carrot. Such a shame considering the excellent fresh vegetables ready available in Spain. The chips, which came with everything, were grey in colour and soggy - very unappetising. We got a very generous "Pacharan" on the house. I can't recommend the food but would go there again for a drink and some tapas.

1  Thank zortean
Reviewed 1 July 2013

Ordered a steak and lamb chops here and was very disappointed. Although the steak was a nice tasty piece of meat, there was only a handful of chips and what appeared to be either tinned or frozen mixed veg to accompany. (nothing like the veg we experienced at other restaurants). My husband's lamb chops were really thin and skinny, nothing much to them at all. Not a great meal.