“Great seafood at low prices.”
Review of Bar Manolo

Bar Manolo
Ranked #14 of 83 Restaurants in Salobrena
Cuisines: Spanish
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Have eaten here several times with friends. Great seafood, big portions and low prices. Especially locals frequent this place; the proof of a good meal.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

This is a small “chiringuito” situated right on the La Guardia beach at La Caleta. It’s simple, as a beach bar should be, but the food was tasty and the waiters were friendly and attentive within an informal atmosphere. The “raciones” are very generous and can easily feed 3 people, so if you’re only two, try to go for the half portions. We ate a delicious “fritura” of mixed fish, a plate of grilled prawns, half a ration of “tomates alinados” (dressed tomato salad, with rather too much garlic for our liking) and half a portion of chips. The half portion of chips was huge! The vast majority of the people eating there were Spanish - always a good sign. Try it out!

Reviewed 26 February 2014

Fantastic position, right on the beach. This is my favourite place to come for lunch when I visit Salobrena. I love the vino de la Tierra they have there and today when we asked for it we were told it was not the same as usual and was quite sweet. We were offered a try, and although I prefer the usual drier wine I gave it a go.
The food was excellent, the setting is lovely and a tourist trap it is not. We were given tortilla as a tapa and I ordered a salad "mixta completa" which had lettuce, tomato, olives, sweet corn, onion, asparagus and tuna. They also do a very good fritura.

Reviewed 17 September 2013

Fabulous chiringuito right on the beach at La Caleta at the far West end of Salobrena. We were changing venues in the middle of our trip to Spain having stayed in Salobrena for a week and heading to our next stop in Nerja so we needed to get some lunch and popped down to look at this place I'd seen on Trip Advisor. Though it looks like a typical Spanish beach bar it's got a nice terrace and looked comfortable inside as well. Free tapas with every drink and we had sardines and squid with pickles and olives. Lovely fresh food and cold beer! Probably the nicest tapas of its kind I've eaten over the years on my Spanish hols and for less than 12€ for two. Can't beat it!

Reviewed 3 September 2013

We had lunch here during peak season in August - the place was packed with local families' service was efficient and friendly, and best of all the seafood was super fresh.

Had a delicious simple meal of mixed fried fish and various other bits, and was given a huge tapa of delicious paella with our drinks. All in for 4 people including drinks, under 40 Euros.

This place reminds me of Salobrena seafront from 20 years ago - unpretentious, honest local fare.