Location is the primary driver for staying here. The other option is to drive a long way. We saw the mixed reviews before we booked, but had to give it a go because of the location. We stayed two nights and had a delightful time. The adult lounge and restaurant are fine. The food was decent and the beer was cold. We were in room 227 and sat on our little porch before dinner in the late afternoon. Very nice. The bed was comfortable and everything in the bath worked OK. We had no interest in talking on the phone, watching TV or doing WiFi - - it's a national park - - take the time to explore, meet new people, etc.
We had a good stay and I would recommend it for those that like an awesome view and great location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only lodging within the park; it is open April through October. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Far View Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Far View Hotel Mesa Verde National Park
- Mesa Verde Far View Lodge