OK, so the location is superb. The Far View is the only hotel inside Mesa Verde National Park. The archeological sites are quite a ride from the park entrance, so if your time is limited it makes sense to stay at this hotel. But having a monopoly produced the expected result. We stayed one night and I felt like I was in a time warp. Dated is too mild a word. The carpet was so stained I couldn't get over the impression it was dirty. The drapes were hanging off the rod. The bathroom, in contrast to the room description given when I booked, had only a tiny shower which was well worn. Ugh. Aramark has no self respect. That said, the restaurant and lounge (located, thankfully, in another, newer building) were surprisingly good. Mesa Verde is awesome. It's just a shame visitors are stuck with this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only lodging within the park; it is open April through October. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Far View Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Far View Hotel Mesa Verde National Park
- Mesa Verde Far View Lodge