The Far View Lodge is the only lodging choice in the Park if you aren't camping. Staying there saves about 2 hours each day vs staying in Cortez. As park lodging goes the price was reasonable with the prepaid discount. The room is nice but basic. No A/C, No TV, No Cell Service. They did have reasonably good Wifi. The bed was comfortable. The shower/ toilet were separated in a rather tight space. The sink/vanity area was nice sized as was the room itself.
The best thing about Far View other than the location is the balcony. It overlooks the mesa and the valley beyond. A small table and chairs inside the window serves as a viewing area when weather makes the balcony unusable. The balcony provides a nice escape from the warm stuffy room.
The rooms can be quite warm and stuffy in warm weather. There is no window or ventilation opening on the back side of the room, so even opening the windows and door to the balcony provide no ventilation unless you are willing to open the door to the parking lot. For reasons that aren't clear the vent opening above this door has been blocked in leaving the rooms quite warm and stuffy in warm weather, I can't imagine what they are like in hot weather. The provided oscillating fan does little to help. The rooms are not air conditioned.
I found the Lounge above the dining room to be a good, less crowded place for dinner. The nearby cafeteria proved to be a better choice for breakfast and lunch. Comparable quality, better price.
If you are looking for night life, this is NOT the place. Other than sitting on the balcony and diner there are really no options. Early to bed seems the overall choice.
I booked an option where I prepaid when I booked saving about 20% The only downside is there is no refund if you cancel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only lodging within the park; it is open April through October. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Far View Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Far View Hotel Mesa Verde National Park
- Mesa Verde Far View Lodge