This is worth doing, but I would still suggest going on one of the guided tours.
- Do it in the morning.
- The kids liked climbing into the kiva.
- It was harder to get good photos since this doesn't require a reservation.
- It was nice to go at our own pace, but you miss all the information provided by the guided tour. The guided tour of Cliff Palace was also calmer and you could get a better feel of the place.
- If you have a young child you can take a stroller down the path.
- We ate at the restaurant at the top of the trail and it was a nice break after the heat.
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.