Just returned from holidays, back home after a long tour in Spain it was fantastic everywhere: Granada, all Galizia, Madrid. Only in Puebla de Sanabria we had the worst experience, and it was the place where we paid per night the highest price.... incredible. The worst place we stayed. For more then 100 euro per night it is not accettable at all to have such services.
1) First of all, nobody informed us that in the period we were hosted there was the Medioval Market, 4 full days, so a very busy town (you can understand after one year we think to have a very relaxed holiday in a small village far from the big City and you find thousand of people from the morning to late evening....this is not correct).
2) Our room was not air conditioned, in the night we couldn't sleep for the hot temperature, windows couldn't be opened because of noise and because of people could see you in the bed.
3) Breakfast was in a different location, 10 meters walking, very poor: no fresh season fruits (only apple and kiwi available), we should stay in line to cook the bread toast, the machine was a home machine (not restaurant machine) more then 10 minutes to toast 2 pieces of bread...this is not accettable it was creating nervousism from the morning.... (last day we were exausted and we went to another bar in downtown spending 7 euro for 2 breakfast with a faster services).
4) The hot dishes in the breakfast doesn't exist at all.
5) People do not speak English at all, we are Italian and we can undestand Spainish so if they speak in Spainish slow I can understand them. An example: to book the restaurant in the night they asked us if we preferred at 9 or 10,30, we answered 10,30 in Italian Languange and they replied in Spanish "sorry I do not understand you", beleive me that the sound 10,30 in Italian Language is very similar to Spanish.
Price was 110 euro per night, the Parador in Leon is 120 this is not accettable.
I'm sorry because of the location is very nice....if you want to have a relaxed holiday this is not the right hotel to stay...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Posada Real la Carteria is placed in the heart of the historical and artistic centre of the medieval village of Puebla de Sanabria. The building was built in 1736 and used as office of collect of tithes from the monks of the Cister and also as the first post office in Sanabria which is the reason of its current name. This small hotel is located close to the main square of the town and surrounded by the walls of the Castle of the Benavente Count. On its rehabilitation has been respect the original aesthetics based on stone slabs frontages, centenary wood girders, oak floors and slate roof. The house still conserves its galleries and corridors where it is possible to enjoy a nice view of the river Tera and the walls of the Castle. La Carteria has eight different and spacious rooms with Twin or King Size beds, distributed in 5 Suites and 3 Double Rooms. It is possible to ask for an extra bed or a cradle. All rooms are equipped with TV, DVD, free mini-bar, electric kettle with teas, safe, Wi-Fi connection, laptop (previous order) and complete bathroom with hair dryer, shaving mirror and amenities besides having hydro-massage baths in some double rooms and Jacuzzi in suites. Our clients are received with fruit and chocolates on their rooms. The rooms are characterized by the mixture of decorative styles, combining the rustic elements with the minimalist furniture, taking care of each detail with the aim of getting the best quality and comfort. In the same building there is a SPA area which includes gym, Sauna, Turkish bath and Hydro-massage shower. There are also available for our clients two living-rooms with a library area, TV-zone and a computer with free internet connection. In the Tavern located in the medieval wineries of the hotel it is possible to enjoy homemade courses typical from the cuisine of Sanabria ('habones', veal or trout from the river Tera...). The restaurant is specialized in mycological food and it has a direct exit to the walls of the Castle. It is recommendable to walk through the stone streets, visit the castle, the museum of "Gigantes y Cabezudos", or just to have a break in our bar where the warm chimney on winter season and its wonderful sights to the river Tera will make that your visit to Sanabria had been worth it. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia and Agoda so you can book your Posada Real La Carteria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.