“Worth it!”

Helen's Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 50 Restaurants in Concord
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: This is a popular local spot perfect for tourists, too (Concord is a big tourist town). Looks and feels like a hip diner, but the food, esp breakfast, is anything but.
Reviewed 17 December 2013 via mobile

Excellent burritos! Fresh ingredients, good coffee. Excellent place to stop and have lunch, very nice location and very nice staff

1  Thank duiz

Reviewed 10 November 2013

If there is line to get in this place, consider it a blessing. I came here anticipating a good breakfast after reading the reviews on Tripadvisor. I opted for the Brioche French Toast with a side of Bacon. The service was friendly , price seemed decent, atmosphere casual,and the bacon was good, but the french toast was a whole different story. The heels of a large french bread loaf was used ,but not soaked long enough in the egg. So when it arrived at my table, I couldn't even cut through a piece with a knife. They should change the name of it to French Shoe Leather Toast! Maybe the cook was a rookie or hungover, or maybe should find a new profession. At least the bacon was good. It was cheap , so I ate my bacon, drank my coffee, tipped my waitress and left. Don't bother with this place or at least avoid the french toast.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

This centrally located fav spot is small but popular. Getting a table can be slow especially during peak dining hours.

Reviewed 9 October 2013

We visited this place for breakfast a few times as a group. The seating is cramped but the service was very friendly. As a sit down restaurant, the prices are higher than a fast food place like Dunkin's but the food here is better too so I thought it was worth it. I liked that the items seemed to be cooked fresh at the time of order.

Reviewed 4 October 2013

We were at Helen's diner for lunch. It was totally packed and the din was uncomfortable. My husband ordered a hot pastrami sandwich and I had the waldorf-like salad and an order of onion rings. The salad was fresh as were the onion rings, but the portion size of the rings would have been enough for 3 people! I had the impression that they were trying to push us out, as the waitress came with the bill and a styrofoam take home container (which I had not asked for and didn't want) before I was even finished eating. But maybe she was just stressed out with all the people and noise and got me mixed up with somebody else.

1  Thank MaryEE49