“Great local restaurant”

Price range: US$6 - US$18
Cuisines: Italian, American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Description: Serving fine food & drink in a relaxing atmosphere. All of our food is prepared to order & is as fresh as possible. TV's in the bar so you can catch a game & relax with friends. We offer dine-in, takeout and catering.
San Francisco, California
“Great local restaurant”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

My wife and I recently ate dinner at Michael's. It is a neighborhood restaurant close to our house and frequented by people in the area. There is a good bar area for a drink after work and also a sit down restaurant area which is very nice.

The food was very good, I had the t-bone steak and my wife had the chicken piccata. Both were well made, tasted good and the service was friendly and fast. Overall great dinner and will return

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank hdblue

Concord, Massachusetts
“Excellent food and service all the time!”
Reviewed 5 November 2013

We regularly go to Michaels as the food, drinks and service have always been great! We were just checking out a few other restaurants and came across the review of Michaels and the funny thing is that we were also eating lunch when Andrea 31020 was there. We attempted to engage them in conversation about the local historic sites but they were very rude to us. To top it off, they were incredibly horrible to the person working. She took their order correctly, but there was no pleasing them. They appeared to be arguing or maybe that is just their general demeanor, but overall, my husband and I were appalled at their behavior and attitude. Very glad this is a local establishment that we can enjoy knowing that they will not be there again as they were both from another country and told to leave as a result of their actions.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank Lucille S
Hudson, Massachusetts
“Gone way downhill since July :-( - PajamaGuy”
Reviewed 3 November 2013

November 2nd, 2013 – Boy have things changed! And NOT for the good. Three months ago I wrote a glowing review – last night PajamaGal and I revisited Michael’s – probably for the last time.
We’d just seen “Last Vegas” (Great movie, but don’t listen to anyone’s review if they’re under 60 – there’s no way a non-senior could understand or appreciate it!)
We arrived around 5:30, two other booths were occupied. Erika was no longer there, Christine said she’d moved from the area.
We ordered drinks and an appetizer of “Fried Calamari with Crostini” ($11.00). I like calamari and have eaten it all over the world. This appetizer looked and tasted good, although there were many more heads than there were body rings. The flavor was really good, but they were tough and chewy. (my favorite is still Carrabba’s on Bay Area in Houston)
When Christine took our entre order I asked if the management or chef had changed – she said no. PajamaGal had wanted the Veal Parmesan (which I’d recommended from our previous visit), but at the last minute changed her mind and selected the “Mahi Mahi” ($23.00). I opted for the “Haddock Fra Diavlo” ($23.00). I guess my plate was technically correct, the haddock was “…topped with sautéed shrimp…” – although a few 51/60’s to me don’t qualify as “…topped with sautéed shrimp…” for a $23 entrée.
The “Fra Diavlo” wasn’t a “Brother Devil”, but more like slightly “Sassy Sister” sauce and the Mahi’s “…homemade peach glaze …” must have come from a jar. On the bright side, the “fresh vegetables” were fresh and flavorful, but the “seasoned broth” part of the “rice pilaf must have come from one of those foil “seasoning packets”.
The real problem was the fish. Both servings were way over-cooked and well past the “flaky” stage. I almost needed a knife to cut my haddock and PajamaGal’s Mahi was equally dry and tough.
Christine sincerely apologized when I explained our dissatisfaction. While we waited for our check, I expected the chef, or the owner, or at least a manager to express concern. Christine was our only contact. When she delivered the check, she said, “They told me to take only one entre off the bill, but I took both.” Seriously?
I wish it was the manager’s/owner’s night off – I wish the regular chef was out sick and an inexperienced sous-chef was at the helm. I wish we’d gone to Wildwood’s…

-PJ

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank PajmaGuy
Huntingdon, United Kingdom
“Waitress needs a lesson in how to take an order correctly 1 st pick up a pad and WRITE it down”
Reviewed 11 October 2013

We dropped in here for a late bite of lunch, we settled on filled jackets mine chilli with sour cream and Roger cheese and bacon but have sour cream quite separate, as he doesn't like. A long conversation ensued re the pro's and cons.
The two plates arrived, Roger's plate swimming in sour cream....it was returned to the kitchen and I started to eat mine...it was a strange taste, gritty not smooth and spicy with chilli. Wrong meal.
The waitress returned to the table and gave Roger his dinner it was chilli.
By now we were both fed up and elected to leave to which the waitress was very rude. What was called for was an apology but we'ed wait in vain.
The jacket with bacon and cheese was revolting, the 'bacon' just crumbs so I guess she did us a favour at least we didn't have to pay for second rate food.
I suppose they go together second rate staff and food, hope you're both very happy together.
By the way in England staff greet you and don't carry on a conversation with a customer at the bar.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank Andrea31020
Hanover, Massachusetts
“Don't bother !”
Reviewed 23 August 2013

Went with my wife after dropping off our son at college. Hostess ignored us when we entered. Gave us two dinner rolls ( wow ). The pork stew as room temp , no flavor . The salad was tiny. My wife had salmon , which was the tail cut and dry. I had NY sirloin . Overcooked , under sized , and so so flavor. They mixed up our veggie orders. Place is clean , quaint and has potential. However we will not go back .

• Visited August 2013