“Excellent food, lovely atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of 80 Thoreau

80 Thoreau
Reserve with OpenTable
80 Thoreau is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 48 Restaurants in Concord
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Thoreau and Sudbury
Transit: Take the Commuter Rail to Concord on the Fitchburg Line. 80 Thoreau is located on the 2nd Floor of the Concord Depot.
Description: 80 Thoreau is a progressive fine dining restaurant set in the beautiful New England town of Concord, sourcing from local farms and offering genuine hospitality.
Sudbury, Massachusetts
“Excellent food, lovely atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

I use 80 Thoreau of a great example of designing and decorating a restaurant space well. It is warm, inviting and comfortable. Elegant, but not stuffy. The bar and unique dining areas are really well laid out.

The food is fabulous as well!!! I have eaten here at least 5 times and have not been disappointed. Fresh locally sourced vegetables. And a burger that, in my opinion, is unrivaled. Great imaginative cocktails and yummy wine.

This is one of my favorite places in MetroWest Boston.

• Visited July 2014

Boston, MA area
“Excellent food and freindly service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

My husband and I were celebrating our 30th anniversary. We were given complimentary bubbly. My husband always asks many questions about the food and our waitress was extremely knowledgeable. The food was excellent!!! Everything is locally sourced and all the vegetables are from area farms. My husband thought the food would rival any good European establishment. Yes, we have been to all the high end restaurants in Boston. This ranks up there.
There are two distinct seating areas. The bar area is noisier and seemed to be where the younger crowd sat. We were in the rear area with a nice view of the trains coming and going. The place fills up, even early on a weeknight.

PS parking is a breeze!

1 Thank OlderMom60
“2nd time as superb as the first”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

My wife & I have eaten there twice in the past 6-7 months, & each time we felt privileged & pampered. Delicious, wholesome food, a lot locally grown or harvested, presented in a creative & enticing way, & paired with wine that fit the meals & night perfectly. Delivery of the entree on the 1st night of Dine Out Boston was a tad slow; maybe the staff was a cook short?
But the delay was not enough to detract from the enjoyment of the meal.

1 Thank Sherman S
Lowell, Massachusetts
“Great food awful service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

I really prefer not to have to give any establishment a negative review. Who knows, I could just be catching them on a particularly bad moment (we all have them). But in this case, I feel compelled to follow through. First off, the food was excellent. My wife’s steak was one of the best we’ve had anywhere. However, the service was quite possibly the worst we have ever encountered. My wife and I dine out a lot, so it’s not like we don’t know particularly bad (or good) service when we encounter it. Our waitress was completely unfamiliar with the menu. We asked her about particular dishes and she simply read what was on the printed menu (“It’s good; it’s grilled”). The overall timing of when they brought our dishes was unfathomable. I selected the tasting menu so I received a salad first – after my salad plate was cleared away, a basket of bread was delivered. A full 10 minutes later, the soup was delivered…and then we waited…and waited…and waited for our entrees. At one point, I saw the waitress and asked if she could check on our meals. She mumbled something about talking to someone or other. In the interim, the maître de did tell us we were “next in line”, but it was still good 20 minutes before we finally received our entrees. It’s not like these were time-consuming dishes, a seared bluefish and grilled steak. Because I had chosen the tasting menu, I also received a desert, but the wait for that was another 15 minutes following our entrée. I understand that patrons don’t like to feel rushed, but it’s not as if we were sitting there ordering bottles of wine. The overall wait wouldn’t have been so bad if the wait staff had checked in on us from time to time but we felt completely ignored while they fawned over the couple next to us. I have never before given a 0 tip, but I felt it was warranted on this occasion. On leaving, they did “slip” my wife a $50 gift certificate (without any explanation or apology) but unfortunately, that means we’d have to go back to redeem it, and I’m not sure we ever will.

2 Thank MadCityMick
Concord, Massachusetts
“Wonderful place and great food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014

Although we had eaten in most Concord restaurants this was our first time here. Great dinner experience with pleasant window seating, excellent service, good drinks and tasty food for all three courses. The waiter made recommendations for drinks and knew the menu thoroughly. Salads were excellent, especially with cherries. Both our bluefish and sea bass cooked just right. Delicious dessert. And we were never rushed between courses so two leisurely hours for dinner made the evening complete. The price for such quality was just right.

1 Thank ilkkats