“Good fare. ”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 31 August 2014 via mobile

The hamburger is quite good, as is the turkey club. The tomato soup was very good. The kids Mac and cheese was Kraft -- right from the box. $11 for one Bloody Mary was very, very disappointing. Be careful.

1  Thank Bostonian80

Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

Love to visit Colonial Inn
Totally charming edifice as you study American History here in Concord
Service was superb as was chowder and salad
This old Inn is a must

Reviewed 13 August 2014

I ate here with my 12 and 13 year old kids on a historical trip to the area. EXCELLENT service, food and ambiance. This inn has been maintained exceptionally over the course of its 300 years of operation! Highly recommend the clam chowder and the black forest cake for dessert. We will definitely return.

1  Thank Angie K
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I'll make this brief. Friend and I stopped for lunch today. Troy D. was our sloppy server. There were two of us dining. He brought one of our entrees with one of the two appetizers we ordered. Then brought the other appetizer 15 minutes later with the other entree. When he took our order, he seemed rushed. I asked him what was the "picallily" appetizer. He was stumped. He said he couldn't describe it. Then, we had to stop him from leaving our table so we could ask him to take our drink orders, which he had failed to ask for. (Don't restaurants make most of their profit from beverages?) While waiting to be served, we sat wondering why we hadn't been offered any bread. It appeared other tables had been served bread. After 20 minutes, or so, our order began arriving in stages and out of order. My Alcott sandwich (turkey, brie, apple, and apple mustard) was dry and about 80% bread. There was little mustard and only a modest sliver of brie. The bacon wrapped bacon appetizer was good, but nothing else is worth mentioning (not even the funky smelling, gamey tasting duck salad). Of course, after we finished eating, the final insult came as we were about to leave. The newly seated people at the table next to ours began raving about the delicious bread they had just been served (by our waiter, Troy D. upon their sitting down). Thanks a lot, Troy D. We won't be back. This is a tourist trap, not a destination dining experience--which is pretty much what we had expected. We just didn't expect flunky service and mediocre food.

2  Thank TravelersShorts
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

My husband and I came here for dinner with my Aunt and Uncle. We sat outside on the porch. The first thing we noticed was how nicely shaded the porch was. Between the trees and the umbrellas we didn't get to much sun. Our waitress was very attentive and informative. All four of us ordered the bacon cheese burgers. They were perfect! They came with thick cut bacon, lettuce, tomato and onions. The roll was very light and the toppings were fresh. I usually put mustard in my burger but the burger was so flavorful that I did not need to. 3 of us ordered fries with our burgers but my aunt has a shellfish allergy so she couldn't order fries (they fry their shellfish in the same oil as the fries) they were very accommodating about her ordering another side without to much of an up charge.
We had calamari as well which was cooked perfectly and had a delicious pepper aioli for dipping.
We will be back next time we are in the area.

1  Thank Firesilk