“Exceptional”

Price range: US$0 - US$5
Acton, Massachusetts
“Exceptional”
Reviewed 13 July 2013

We stop by all of the time (our kids absolutely love it) and order special occasion cakes and pastries. Prices are very reasonable for the higher quality cakes and pastries. Good coffee too. A gem of West Concord.

Visited May 2013

massachusetts
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 14 June 2013

I had the highest hopes when I placed an order for 125+ cupcakes for a special family event -- this shop charges gourmet prices for their products and the cupcakes that I sampled were quite good. Yes, the woman who helped me place the order rushed through the process of selecting flavors and decorating styles. Still, I was clear in describing what I wanted and I saw her take notes on her paperwork (I left with only a small receipt, not with the written order). And, I felt reassured when I called in later and I spoke with a different woman who could not have been nicer or more helpful. Fast forward to about a week before the event .... I call in to finalize the order and I speak with the original woman and she just seems utterly put out and irritated. When I asked her to confirm the details of my order, I noticed that she had changed the decoration on some of the cupcakes to something that she had originally suggested to me but I explicitly did not select. When I corrected her, she got very rude and criticized my decoration choices as "boring." With the event only days away and with no time to find a new bakery, I asked her to please stick to my original order. When the cupcakes arrived at the venue (a friend picked them up), half of the order was absolutely perfect. The other half was not -- this time it was a mistake in the frosting style. I ordered ribboned frosting for all of the cupcakes and only half were done in that style. Ugh! The good news is that all of the cupcake flavors were what I ordered and everyone seemed to enjoy them. But, really, I would not order from them again especially considering that there are other wonderful bakers in the area who can make a mean cupcake and probably get your order right too!

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Ilene
Orem
“Regular food was alright but the pastries were awesome”
Reviewed 4 June 2013 via mobile

I got the egg salad sandwich and it was ordinary as expected. The pastries looked as good as they tasted. The lemon bar was fantastic. I plan to go back for breakfast!

• Visited June 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Cinnamon Scones”
Reviewed 10 May 2013

The cinnamon scones are what keep me cooming back. I have heard that the other stuff here is great, all I need to know about is the scones. They freeze well, I always have a bunch in my freezer.

• Visited May 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great cakes and pastries”
Reviewed 22 April 2013

Wonderful birthday cakes and cookies and brownies. Great place to get a cup of coffee and or a sandwich. Friendly staff, good causal cafe.

Visited April 2013