“Saturday Brunch”
Review of Woods Hill Table

Woods Hill Table
Ranked #12 of 53 Restaurants in Concord
Price range: US$35 - US$54
Description: We are a thoughtfully sourced contemporary American restaurant located in the historic Concord Massachusetts. We pasture our own animals and grow our own vegetables on the 360 acre organic Woods Hill Farm located in Bath New Hampshire. Our executive Chef Charles Foster believes through proper animal husbandry, conscious sourcing and classic cooking we can get back to the roots of satisfying cuisine.
Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

Food and service is really great. Brunch was excellent. For 6 people, it did cost $120 and no alcohol. I ordered the Farmers Breakfast with Bacon. The bacon was thick and not greasy. The home fries was chunky and yummy. Eggs cooked to perfection. I asked for over medium and that's what I got. The sausage patty was not tasty. It had a strange taste and not what I expected, so I would skip that if I was you. Coffee was delicious. A small cup of orange juice will set you back $6 and a apple cider donut cost $5. My eggs, sausage and bacon plate costs around $21. No gluten free bread or menu offered. I was surprised seeing it's a pretty nice reataurant and you would expect that as an option. Even Denny's offer gluten free. Just saying! Anyway, we'll be back and hope they make their own gluten free breads soon.

1  Thank Valerie F

Reviewed 9 September 2017

We've been there for brunch, lunch and dinner, and always had an excellent experience. The menu is built around locally sourced ingredients, either from their own farm in New Hampshire or surrounding farms, and the dishes on offer are sophisticated and beautifully prepared. Though dinner can get expensive (by our modest standards, anyway), lunch and brunch are more affordable, and it is an excellent place for a special-occasions dinner. We've never been disappointed. It's one of those places that generates oohs and aahs from the table.
Service is as opulent, in its own way, as the food, and staff are well-equipped to answer questions about some of the more exotic dishes and ingredients. Who knew pastrami was Turkish in origin, and originally made from swordfish bellies?

Reviewed 31 August 2017

My S/O and I were looking for a new place to go to, to celebrate our anniversary this past week and we decided to go here for dinner. She had driven by this place many times on the way home and always seemed like a good place to check out. I made a reservation and we were ready to go for the following week.

Limited parking when we showed up, we were able to grab a spot on the street which was convenient though luckily considering the parking lot was full. I walked in and approached the hostess, gave her our reservation and she then walked away without informing us that she was ready to take us to the table. Was sort of a small quirk, no biggie... we awkwardly followed behind assuming she was leading us.

We got introduced to our waiter, who was very quick with us. We don't frequent too many farm to table places super often so the menu and wording was a bit foreign to us. Plenty of experiences with nice/fancy restaurants but a lot that was new here still. I had plenty of questions for the waiter, but he seemed really quick to walk away. When I did have the chance to grab him he was helpful, but really wish he left more time out there. The restaurant wasn't too seemingly busy either for a mid-week.

After combing over what we decided to get, I got a glass of wine and she got a cocktail and we decided to order the Bucatini (I think it was, not on the site) as an appetizer. I was assured by the waiter that he'd bring over a small sample of the other wine I was hesitant over but it never came! The wine I ended up receiving though was still really good.

This started to not surprise me after I realized that we also never received any bread for starters. We looked around at other tables noticing that we didn't have this metal basket and I asked one of the ?chefs? that came out delivering the bucatini that we didn't get any bread and she brought it out for us. Wasn't very impressed by the bread, it was half hard and just slightly stale tasting imo.

We dipped most of the bread into the Bucatini which definitely was our favorite thing there. That was a delicious appetizer. I almost wish we both got those for our meals.

I ordered the Braised Beef, which the Chef was kind enough to swap out the panzanella for some potato/fries and she ordered the burger. She wasn't too impressed by the burger, for what you paid. I gather that obviously it's grass fed and better beef but still wasn't worth ringing home about. Nor was she a fan of the bread, it was too air-y and not a lot of substance.

My braised beef meal was decent/good, the mushrooms tasted great, comparable broccoli (I forget the specific term used) was good, the bone marrow was also good, however the beef itself was just sort of okay. It just tasted like a generic beef to be honest, it wasn't anything short of bad it just was alright. Combined with the bone marrow it was better, but again paying $38 for a piece of beef you'd hope it's a bit more for the price point.

We finished up, the waiter didn't ask how it was after the fact, only one bite in at the start (didn't even start on the beef at that point). Offered a desert menu, took a look. Decided not to. Brought the bill over promptly and he was real quick to get it all done. Wished us a good night and that was about it.

After dropping some good money on an anniversary dinner, I was definitely hoping for a bit more. I was pretty disappointed with the meal and slightly with the service. The decor and place was clean and nice/tidy but just not impressed. Probably won't come back.

2  Thank Ryan W
Reviewed 8 August 2017

The first time I attended brunch I had a better experience and the food, beverage's were tasty. I had basic eggs and bacon and my friend had the quiche. We shared an order of the fantastic Brioche french toast, which was the best part both times I dined.
Then last week, we went back but had a different experience. The french toast was still the outstanding item, but the chicken and biscuit was terrible. Both my husband and I were both disappointed with the burnt chicken and biscuit. The food should have never have been served looking like that, but they did.
The server didn't interact with us much and did not check after we received our meal, or I would have promptly returned it. My other pet peeve, no creamer for my coffee. They make a beautiful press coffee, but no cream. Inexplicable in the land of dunkin donuts where coffee and cream reign supreme.

1  Thank Diane D
Woods Hill T, Manager at Woods Hill Table, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2017

Hi T,

I apologize but we do not offer cream with our coffee because the cream we use in the restaurant is grass-fed and organic and contains a significant amount of butterfat. When you add it to coffee the butterfat melts and creates a very poor coffee drinking experience (for cooking it is fantastic, but every time we have given it to a guest with coffee they promptly return the coffee saying the 'cream is curdled').

We do apologize for the Chicken and Biscuit being cooked over to your liking, we usually never make enough of the Chicken and Biscuit for our guests as we sell out every brunch. However, if the fried chicken was overcooked, then it was overcooked and Chef Charlie would like to make sure things are made right. Please contact us at gm@woodshilltable.com and we can refund you immediately! We have a strong belief that the guest should always enjoy their meal, and if they do not we will do everything in our power to make it right.

Cheers,

Jason

Reviewed 5 August 2017

Woods Hill Table is fantastic from start to finish! Warm welcome, extremely knowledgeable and passionate staff, excellent quality (locally sourced), fine dining. You literally cannot go wrong!