“Unique Experience”

Nik Duserm- Emporda Guided Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: The Empordà (Costa Brava) area is full of interesting places that you may like to discover.Obviously you have heard about Dalí; his museum in Figueres, his house in Port-Lligat (Cadaqués) and probably the castle that he bought for his wife in Púbol, what is called the Dalí’s triangle.Maybe you know about some of its medieval villages like Pals or Peratallada, or some of its Romanesque temples like the ones of Sant Pere de Rodes or the one in Vilabertran.But this is not all you can enjoy in the area.From the early past to the present history there is plenty to see.You may like to visit a bunker built by the Republicans during the Spanish Civil War, or discover the village that became the capital of Spain when Madrid and later on Valencia were besieged by the National troops.What about visiting some of its unknown Romanesque temples, enjoying beautiful frescoes from the 12th C. or early tiny chapels used as stables for decades, even a chapel with Masonic symbols.Also walk into an abandoned ancient quarry that for many centuries provided stone to different cultures to build their towns and temples.And visit an urban castle used as a prison until 1965.Enter the remains of the house of Dalí’s father, walk through the village that shelters stories of the only vampire in the country, discover the repellents against witches that have been protecting houses and stables for centuries. An endless list of interesting places and stories which are right here in the Empordà area.Hope you enjoy the stay.
Melbourne, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 173 helpful votes
“Unique Experience”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

My husband and I first met Nik in 2012 in the tourist centre in Peratallada. He was so friendly and helpful that we started looking for him daily to ask him questions about the town and the region. His knowledge about everything was vast and he made it so interesting. Whether we asked about history or art or culture, he always had the information and the answers and explanations - he was amazing, as well as being very good company which is why, when we returned to the Costa Brava with our two sons this year, we looked him up again. Nik took us on the most wonderful tour of Figueres, which included the Dali Museum. It made such a difference, having Nik there - we learned so much about everything we saw and also understood and appreciated things that we would not have understood at all if we had gone without him. On both our visits to Catalonia, Nik has contributed something which has enriched and enhanced our time there. If ( when) we return, we would certainly do another tour ( or more) with Nik and we recommend him enthusiastically to anyone who wants to know more about the region. Thanks again, Nik, you are legendary!

Visited July 2014
172 Thank MariaLegg2014

Girona, Spain
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 348 helpful votes
“undiscovered gems”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I have lost count of the number of times I have been on a tour of the region I live in with Nik. They are always interesting & amusing, packed with anecdotes of humourous or strange happenings. This latest tour took us to an abandoned airfield constructed during the Spanish civil war, a delightful hidden romanesque church which still contains original frescoes & to Bellcaire castle, chapel and church. An excellent morning of discovery despite the rain, followed by a good lunch in convivial company.

Visited May 2014
170 Thank FranceSally
bet shemesh Israel
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 175 helpful votes
“An Authentic & Pleasurable Introduction to Catalonia”
Reviewed 7 September 2013

One glorious Sunday last month[August 2013] I spent the better part of a day exploring the squares & alleyways of the old city of Girona. I had gone because of my interest in the Jewish scholar Nachmanides the great Bible scholar & Chief Rabbi of Catalonia in the 13th century.
I gained a lot more.
Nik Duserm is a first rate Catalan scholar. He not only shows you the place, but helps to synthesize the information & put it all in an understandable perspective.
He introduced me to early Christianity & Catalan cultural practice, which gave me the necessary background to understand the place, it's people; & how the Jews fared during a terrible period.The tour was balanced & fair.
There were plenty of stops to give me time to absorb & enjoy the place. The trip has shade & is not strenuous.The city has better then average gift shops.
The Jewish museum is the best that I saw during my trip.
By the way, he is also an expert in Spain's modern history particularly the Spanish Civil War.
A tour with him is an experience not to be missed!

Visited August 2013