“Outstanding guide”

Nik Duserm- Emporda Guided Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: The Empordà (Costa Brava) area is full of interesting places that you may like to discover.Obviously you have heard about Dalí; his museum in Figueres, his house in Port-Lligat (Cadaqués) and probably the castle that he bought for his wife in Púbol, what is called the Dalí’s triangle.Maybe you know about some of its medieval villages like Pals or Peratallada, or some of its Romanesque temples like the ones of Sant Pere de Rodes or the one in Vilabertran.But this is not all you can enjoy in the area.From the early past to the present history there is plenty to see.You may like to visit a bunker built by the Republicans during the Spanish Civil War, or discover the village that became the capital of Spain when Madrid and later on Valencia were besieged by the National troops.What about visiting some of its unknown Romanesque temples, enjoying beautiful frescoes from the 12th C. or early tiny chapels used as stables for decades, even a chapel with Masonic symbols.Also walk into an abandoned ancient quarry that for many centuries provided stone to different cultures to build their towns and temples.And visit an urban castle used as a prison until 1965.Enter the remains of the house of Dalí’s father, walk through the village that shelters stories of the only vampire in the country, discover the repellents against witches that have been protecting houses and stables for centuries. An endless list of interesting places and stories which are right here in the Empordà area.Hope you enjoy the stay.
Reviewed 19 May 2016

Eight of us spent a morning with Nik touring the Dali Museum in Figueres. The museum itself is definitely worthwhile on its own but going with a guide provides a much better experience. And Nik has both a deep understanding of and passion for Dali. We saw and learned things we could never have done on our own. Nik is very professional and presents information with humour and insight. Booking and pre-tour communication was prompt and helpful. Highly recommended for Dali and his other tours in the region. You won't be disappointed and very affordable as well.

Date of experience: May 2016
219  Thank freestyletoo
wwwnikdusermcom, Animateur du patrimoine at Nik Duserm- Emporda Guided Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2016

Thanks a lot for leaving a comment Grant and friends.
It was really enjoyable spending an extra time after the tour having the chance to know a bit more about your group and country.
nik duserm

"keys"
"region"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed 14 April 2016

Nik positively made Peratallada come alive in a way that would be impossible to understand on one's own. He is one of the best walking tour guides I've used across Europe. I highly recommend him. He speaks superb English.

Date of experience: June 2015
224  Thank samclark2016
wwwnikdusermcom, Manager at Nik Duserm- Emporda Guided Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2016

Thanks a lot for your review specially realising that the impression is still retained by you after those last months. I hope we can see each other in a near future. nik

Reviewed 9 March 2016

We got Nik's name from a friend of ours and we loved him! We knew we wanted to go to the Dali Museum and knew how confusing his work was that we needed someone to make sense of it for us...and Nik did a fabulous job! it was my husband, myself and our (2) 20something children who spent the morning with Nik. He was easy to make plans with, easy to communicate with, made us feel totally comfortable with him and made asking questions simple! He even provided us with maps and places to travel to after leaving him! we followed his lead and had a great afternoon!! I would recommend him to anyone!!

Date of experience: January 2016
220  Thank Elyse S
wwwnikdusermcom, animateur du patrimoine at Nik Duserm- Emporda Guided Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2016

Dear Elyse,
I am glad that the whole of you experienced and shared the experience with so much enthusiasm and also that the rest of the day went perfect with all the indications.
Thanks a lot for you sincere recommendation.

nik

Reviewed 13 June 2015

My wife and I recently took the Dali Theatre Museum tour with Nik. We aren't art experts, so we knew we would need a guide to help us explain the paintings. We were very impressed with Nik's tour and highly recommend anyone interested in a private tour to go with him. Here are the main reasons I'm giving Nik 5 stars:

1. Nik was highly knowledgeable about Dali and his artwork, including have read several of his books to gain a better insight to help give this tour.
2. Nik was very pleasant, easy to ask questions to and kept a good pace (asked if it was too fast/slow). The two hours flew by fast.
3. Very affordable for a private tour.
4. In my email correspondence prior to the tour, Nik provided many maps and clear instructions on how to get to the museum and where to get free parking.
5. Nik was flexible with his schedule and able to accommodate to mine.

I can only imagine what my experience would have been if I were either by myself or in a big tour group. By having a tour guide truly guide my wife and me through this museum made the experience very special.

Date of experience: June 2015
229  Thank Jason F
wwwnikdusermcom, Guide at Nik Duserm- Emporda Guided Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2017

I am glad that you enjoyed the museum as much as I do.
Thanks a lot for your review. nik

See more reviews
Reviewed 29 July 2014

My husband and I first met Nik in 2012 in the tourist centre in Peratallada. He was so friendly and helpful that we started looking for him daily to ask him questions about the town and the region. His knowledge about everything was vast and he made it so interesting. Whether we asked about history or art or culture, he always had the information and the answers and explanations - he was amazing, as well as being very good company which is why, when we returned to the Costa Brava with our two sons this year, we looked him up again. Nik took us on the most wonderful tour of Figueres, which included the Dali Museum. It made such a difference, having Nik there - we learned so much about everything we saw and also understood and appreciated things that we would not have understood at all if we had gone without him. On both our visits to Catalonia, Nik has contributed something which has enriched and enhanced our time there. If ( when) we return, we would certainly do another tour ( or more) with Nik and we recommend him enthusiastically to anyone who wants to know more about the region. Thanks again, Nik, you are legendary!

Date of experience: July 2014