“I returned to El Pati that I call again "Alice in Wonderland"” 5 of 5 bubbles

Hotel El Pati
Hotel El Pati
Ranked #5 of 5 Peratallada B&B and Inns
Sydney, Australia
“I returned to El Pati that I call again "Alice in Wonderland"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

This time I stayed for one full week that was a complete travelling experience with excellent food and service .. the place is very praised by the French visitors from the near French border and I observed how much they loved the ambience, character and food of this exceptional castle that could be best classified into Chateaux et Relais at a very exceptional price.
The rooms are a master's design with character and ambiance.. very large with a super king size bed with linen to sleep without pyjamas ... If I was a ghost I would be wearing the linen every night visiting the garden on a full moon night! ... If you want to be very welcomed with a bright smile bring along a "light bulb" on your hand on arrival and you'll be surprise why! .. enjoy your stay! :)
PS: I will be adding pictures as soon as possible.

Room Tip: Easy to select any room .. there are only three rooms and all three are impeccable with different ro...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank cainetrip

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Barcelona, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2013

We stayed at the hotel and were very pleased with our stay. This place is incredible - in the middle of a medieval town, with a big garden, nicely furnished ad decorated with a lot of taste. They have only 6 rooms and each one is different. They are full of antique furniture. nice decorations and details that create this almost magic atmosphere. We found some old, french board games i our room - they were incredible. Sleep quality was very good. The bed was big and comfy. The hotel itself is connected with a restaurant, but once you get your ees, you can use a separate entrance. The staff was ok. We had to wait a little bit for the key, and at the end to check out.

Breakfast is also very nice and tasty. When you get a plate of fruits and some cheese, don't think that it's over. You wil get some warm sandwiches and a cake as wel. Everything acompanied it a fresh orange juice and tea/coffe (real tea).

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank elrobsono83
Barcelona
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2009

We wanted to celebrate my parents’ 50-year marriage all the family together in a three-days weekend. We chose this hotel for two reasons: one because all us love this little medieval town, and two because it only has 5 rooms (the ones we needed) and therefore we would be alone.

From the start, we felt very un-welcomed. We arrived around 6:30 PM and without saying hello to us, they ordered us to wait because the rooms were not totally ready. Since we are Spaniards, a language barrier could not be an excuse. After a while, we were shown the rooms in the same pissy mood and still without any apology for their delay.

Then we needed to connect to Internet (their website shows they had this service) but it did not work. We went to ask for it, and we were answered, “We do not have connection”. But that was not true. Next morning one of my brothers offered to look at their router and stabilized the connection without any problem.

The pissy mood continues through the 3 days. For example, at breakfast one of their waiters spilled on my mam a glass of juice. Again, no apologize or anything. And when I say the obvious “You just spilled a glass of juice on my mam”, she looked at me angry, left the table without a word, and come back with a cloth for my mam to dry.

Since this bad vibe was general to all the workers (except the gardener), we ended up thinking that the problem was with their working situation, perhaps the boss were not treating them right.

Our suspicion was confirmed a few days later. After returning, my mam could not find one of her earrings. My father called asking if they could look thoroughly in the room they stayed. The boss answered in very bad manners that they were very busy and start shouting to my dad that we had stolen four water glasses. My dad kept the calm, told her he will talk to everyone of us, and asked her again to look for the earring. Next day he called to let her know no one of us had taken them and he was treated to the same angry, accusing tone. And a few days later, when my mam finally found the earring and my dad called to let them know, the owner answered was “You found the earring but I am still missing the glasses” and later on “you said your children –the youngest is 40 years old- did not steal anything, but the glasses are not there”.

My parents wedding 50 anniversary will be remember by our great time together and for the rudeness and bad service of this hotel.

One last thing… they told us no one could enter to the hotel except us and that was also not true. There are two doors to the hotel (it is a little house). One of them could not be locked. One evening, we were all at the terrace. Suddenly my husband saw a man inside, in the living room. We run after him and he said he got lost. He was in the next door restaurant (owned by the same people) and he was looking for a bathroom.

Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
6 Thank LouBarcelona

Travellers are raving about these Peratallada hotels

washington, DC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2007

Very small (6-room) inn nestled against the moat of an 11th century medieval town about 2-hour drive from Barcelona. Romantic setting; antique furniture; lovely dining room and terrace; great Spanish type breakfast. Dinner also available. Staff is very gracious. Our small but charming room on ground floor had its own access to outdoor garden, as well as access to a small roof terrace. Town has cobblestone streets and looks just like it did long years ago. One thing to note: the whole town--shops, restaurants, everything--closes on Wednesdays.

• Liked — beautiful setting
  • Disliked — whole town closes on Wednesdays
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled with family
      Check-in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank bhutan02
Cambridge ,England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2007

We visited the fantastic medieval village of Peratellada in April 2007. This is a very special place, a hidden gem in a region steeped in history. We found this hotel simply by wandering around the walled village. The hotel is absolutely beautiful and we could not fault it. It pays every attention to detail. The bedrooms are exquisite and the restaurant and service are special. I would recommend this fantastic experience to anyone, we will remember our stay forever. There is also so much to see in the region one would never have known that there was so much on the Costa Brava!

• Liked — Quality, Attention to every detail
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed April 2007, travelled as a couple
      Check-in / front desk
2 Thank SimonCambridge
BRADENTON FLORIDA USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2007

This hotel has 5 very special rooms each decorated in an antique style.The setting is in a small medieval village Peratallada not far from Gerona.
The service was excellent and our stay there was very special.It is a hidden gem in a very laid back setting, very difficult to find these days.It is a great spanish experience.

Stayed November 2006