Hotel Sa Riera
Saguilla(Pals)
Hotel Rosa(Begur)
  • Restaurant
  • Beachfront
All reviewssea viewwould stay againthree starair conditioningenjoyed our staygood sizesmall hotelcleanlinessinternet
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We staid in a sea view room and WOW what a view we had! Hotel is very cute and simple with really good breakfast and not one dirty corner. Situated perfectly almost on the sa riera beach which is stunning! We staid in many hotels but this one was absolutely one of the cleanest ones! The staff was extremely friendly and helpful with plenty of great recommendations for local restaurants and great hidden gems in costa brava. The only little complaint we had is that the bed (although very big) was not the most comfortable, but room was decent size with lots of closet space and bathrooms also very specious. We will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Ask for sea view rooms - we stayed in 118 and loved the view!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Dorota E
Reviewed 27 July 2013

This little hotel on the beach is outstanding. Simple, stylish, spotless with incredible views everywhere. Ask for sea view - my room had a glorious view across the whole bay of Sa Riera - those on the car park side weren't so lucky. I went for peace, solitude, quiet and healing - I had a small single room, well appointed with everything I needed including a lovely private shower. Very comfortable bed, desk and balcony table and chairs. It was SPOTLESS everywhere plus quiet and peaceful - a delicious full buffet breakfast plus ice cold Cava every morning on the balcony overlooking the sea. Reception staff charming and friendly, as were chamber maids. Ample car parking. Two minutes from beach so I was able to swim every morning before breakfast and there was a lovely pool with lots of loungers if you don't want to hang out on the beach. Very reasonable price. Lovely beach cafes and restaurants within a few minutes walk and a good well stocked supermarket if you want to bring food to the room. Incredible value for money - I would highly recommend and can't wait to return.

Room Tip: Request sea view 0n 2nd or 3rd floor
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank helena c
Reviewed 13 January 2013

I like the hotel “Sa Riera”. Its location is very convenient, from the loggia I saw the most part of the Sa Riera beach. The room is of a good size, there are many wardrobes there, it has all the required furniture, there is a window also in the bathroom. The breakfast is very generous. The staff is always kind and helpful. From the lacks, I can call the absence of their own restaurant, so it was impossible to have dinner in the hotel.

Another lack has a general character for Begur and isn't connected with the hotel. The public transport connecting Begur with beaches: Begur-Sa Riera-Sa Tuna-Aiguablava was (in 2012) from 11 of June till 11 of September and realized with a bus (seems, 7 times per day from Begur to Sa Riera and back, and this bus comes almost always empty or half empty). Many people come with their own cars and by my opinion, it's not a good solution for this wild region. The less cars, the more clean the nature. Of course, it must be a decision of local authorities. But if it would depend on me, I would make a funicular Sa Riera --Begur--Sa Tuna (and, perhaps, another funicular between Aiguablava and Tamario via top of the mountain) . It could economize much time, and if this funicular would work on summer, say till 23.00 a.m., many tourists could be more mobile between restaurants and beaches of all these places. The bus connection would be preferably for more far distances, say, Begur-Aiguablava-Tamario-Llafranc-Palafrugell-Pals-Begur. But this is not about the hotel Sa Riera. The hotel Sa Riera is a nice hotel and wonderful place for vacations.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank KatherinaK
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Great location near the beach and great views from the room.
Breakfast was probably the best thing if you like the spanish bread, tomato and olive oil classic.
The swimming pool is definitely a plus. I think that's about it.
The room was very basic and quite uncomfortable. Not really what you expect for what you are paying. All other accommodation options in the area seemed quite expensive as well... I think it's just a very touristy part of Spain, so if you don't mind paying that price for a very (very) basic accommodation, then it's not too bad I guess.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 September 2012

I have just returned from a Golf trip having stayed in Hotel Sa Riera with six golfing friends, all our group had a great time . Can't believe some people complained about staff being unfriendly, our experience with all staff was really pleasant and frankly they could not have done more for us. We played Golf in Emporda which is a 15 minute drive and the PGA Catalunya which is 50 minutes drive, all roads very good in that area . The town of Begur is a 5 minute Taxi drive and Restaurants are good , The Hotel as stated by most visitors is spotless and breakfast is perfect to set you up for some good and bad Golf. There are 2 small Restaurants near the Hotel so if you do not want to go to Begur at night you have options . Will definitely go back there again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends