“Best meal on our 10 day Spain holiday”
Review of Sa Caleta

Sa Caleta
Ranked #24 of 84 Restaurants in Begur
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Davis, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best meal on our 10 day Spain holiday”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Wife & I stopped just by chance for early 8:30 dinner. We each had a salad which is very easily a complete dinner ( I believe they were each 10 EUR' maybe 12?). Jess had warm goat cheese (served as a disk) & mine was duck with foie gras shavings. Common to each was bed of torn spring greens; large, sliced sweet grapes; tiny bits of sun dried tomatoes; raisins; huge black berries; a few walnuts; a few blueberries. There a few more additions also. The plating was visually beautiful to equal the outstanding flavors. The dressing was simple oil + balsamic. I mistakenly ordered mussels in red sauce which was too much food for us. Nevertheless it was outstanding also. The sauce was very thin and extremely flavorable. Bottle of wine and 3 dishes totaled 50.00 EUR. I would return to Begur just for this restaurant. Pat from Davis, CA

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank PatNorCal

Begur, Spain
“Mouth watering, delight!”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Exceptional food, have eaten from the a la carte menu and had tapas here, both delicious! My salad starter was a joy to behold! Incoporating into the rainbow of colour was edible flowers! Nice memory!

• Visited June 2013
Oxford
“Excellent vegetarian paella”
Reviewed 21 February 2014

We've been here several tiems over the years and always order the vegetarian paella. This is the best we've had, cooked with care and attention to detail by the modest owner (it's a friendly, family-run restaurant). Right in the heart of Begur, it's always good quality. In fact one mushroom side dish I had one autumn was one of the single best dishes I've ever had in my life.

• Visited February 2014
Munich, Germany
“Very good homemade food at very good prices”
Reviewed 5 August 2013

You will appreciate Sa Caleta for the excellent home made food, especially the great rices/arrozes in different variations. If it hasn't to be a special occasion, but you still want great food, that is less elaborated/sophisticated, but still declicious, that's the place to go in Begur! I can recommend the lobster rice which is just mmmhhhh...

Visited July 2013
australia
“Fantastic experience”
Reviewed 31 July 2013

We arrived in Begur late after a fiasco with our rental car. We were recommended this restaurant by the hotel staff and it didn't disappoint! Firstly, lovely staff. We were the last people in for dinner (by this stage it was around 1030pm and the only other people were around the bar). We were promptly served and I had one of the best tasting fish I have had. I can't remember that much else about the meal - dessert was nice too, but the best thing was the friendliness of the family-owned restaurant. As it was so late, the staff actually sat down to dinner as well and proceeded to watch a move on the television. We must have stayed for an extra hour or more with friendly banter (despite them not really speaking english and us not speaking spanish). At the end of the night, we were offered 'schnapps' by the owner who put the bottle on our table to help ourselves! Such hospitality! Great experience and we had to go back a few days later because I forgot my jumper- they remembered us. Would love to go back.

• Visited June 2013