As the lovely owner said 'we are at the end of the world so people don't come here by chance so we rely on word of mouth and doing the very best we can.' And their best was superb.
Initially I was mildly disappointed that the restaurant didn't actually overlook the bay but in fact the intimacy, friendliness and focus would have been lost if it had. A charming little terrace area; attentive, smiling and joking (in English!) waiters; a simple but well balanced menu and a good selection of wines. All complimented by the night closing in and the lights starting to flicker under the trees. The whitebait starter was perfect - a huge portion and the fish were the ideal size (so often they are just that bit too big) and the main courses were excellent.
How would I have made this perfect? That's easy. Book one of the 5 bedrooms; check-in and have a meander along the coastal path and a swim in the bay; maybe a recuperative cold beer on the beach cafe terrace and then back to relax, shower and change for dinner. And, after a superb meal, great wines and glass of port just climb up the stairs to your bedroom.
So that is all planned for later this year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just five twin rooms: with bathroom, heating and TV; and no telephone! mediterranean cuisine restaurant. Under the pine trees, by the sea shore, at Cala d'Aiguafreda. No bars or discos within 2,5 miles; and plenty just at 3. Cosy atmosphere. Open from March to October. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Hostal Sa Rascassa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hostal Sa Rascassa Hotel Begur
- Hostal Sa Rascassa Begur, Spain - Costa Brava