I booked here on the strength of reviews. I travelled with a friend. I thought the rooms were lovely, beds comfy and the bathroom more than adequate, in fact the shower was very powerful. Staff were great, Oscar arranged that we could have an early morning tray of tea and coffee in our room before breakfast, the lady who manages breakfast (sorry I've forgotten her name) was very helpful and friendly. Lunch and dinner was excellent.
BUT the it was very noisy at night, the restaurant tables are right below the rooms. It was nearly 1 am before I really had to lean out of the window to ask if people could possibly keep the noise down. There are NO facilities once the restaurant is closed, not even to get tea or coffee so a tray would be very welcome in the rooms with a kettle.
Sa Tuna is very picturesque, and we loved Begur.. lovely town square. We were bothered by flies and were bitten to death.
A car is essential. We loved the peace and quiet. Would definitely go again.. but would take a travel kettle.
We were sorry that we didn't have time to go to Girona..Cadaques was horrible!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just five twin rooms: with bathroom, heating and TV; and no telephone! mediterranean cuisine restaurant. Under the pine trees, by the sea shore, at Cala d'Aiguafreda. No bars or discos within 2,5 miles; and plenty just at 3. Cosy atmosphere. Open from March to October. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Hostal Sa Rascassa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hostal Sa Rascassa Hotel Begur
- Hostal Sa Rascassa Begur, Spain - Costa Brava