“False paradise”

Ranked #14 of 14 Hotels in Begur
Brunswick Heads, Australia
“False paradise”
Reviewed 3 September 2014

This place looks great from the outside but the reality is that there is a very tense atmosphere which I did not like everyone is running around like headless chicken pretending they know what is going on and pretentious food also pretending to be like. El bulli. Wake up!! You have a great location but the restaurant next door is better and half the price

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
6 Thank poopookins

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Truly a hidden gem this hotel. Newly renovated amazing rooms with a small balcony and the best view you can imagine. Perfect for a romantic holiday. The location is on a small beach in a picturesque little village. The staff was very friendly and the restaurant served some of the best food i have ever had with a view to match. The hotel has a small sign on the wall that says "Welcome to Paradise", they are correct.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Sharknoms
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

After spending 4 days in exciting Barcelona, we stay in Hostal Sa Tuna. My husband made the reservation and we just mentioned cozy and nice! Much more than that! The beach is quite small but amazingly clean. I never saw a single plastic bottle or trash left. The hotel has small bedrooms perfect for a couple with lovely views from the terrace. The restaurant offers quite a menu, if I could eat the plate I will have done it. Details in the presentation were more than perfect, like art. And last but not the least incredible service, the hostal manager, the waitress, and the even the lady the cleans! (I left some clothes over the best and she hang them, I was so touch with this) It is not cheap but ever Euro spent was more than worth it. They warm my cup which I was gonna use to drink my tea. It was just as if they read my mind. If I could say something to improve will be to have some options for the milk allergy people like me and the breakfast options. They have gluten free food, any when they learn about my allergy they were very helpful. The breakfast is included, fruits with toast with ham and cheese (no cheese in mine). It will be nice to have something else if you are staying for more days. My husband and I were really happy stayed there and we are looking forward to do it again next year! Thanks for giving us such an amazing time. PD: try the mandarin and mint sorbet and the hamburger they will blow you mind!

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank gojenta
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 13 April 2014

I often dream of this spot, secluded from the world and one of the most peaceful, beautiful spots I have ever visited. A friend turned me on to this place and it has become one of my favorite destinations.

The rooms are beautiful and comfortable with a fantastic large shower. A wonderful breakfast is included and on our last visit, they even put on a fire in the lounge area and gave us open access to wine, beer and spirits, so we could enjoy the snacks we picked up earlier in the day. This is such a romantic spot, for an early evening or morning stroll or to spend the day on a lounge chair in the cove.

I hate to even recommend this space as there are only a few rooms available and want to have it all to myself! Enjoy snacks and sangria out on the patio early in the evening and leave your problems and worries behind.

Room Tip: Ask for the room called Xaloc.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SirNose
London
Reviewed 7 August 2013

Such a great location, looking out over a beautiful bay etc etc. We stopped for lunch only, though we did consider staying here when we were planning our holiday. The restaurant design is good. However, menu prices were very high compared to everywhere else we've eaten on this holiday, and the food was probably the most disappointing. The bay is absolutely worth a visit, but maybe try I be of the other 2 restaurants instead? Or maybe we got it on a bad day?

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank jack64
Reviewed 23 July 2013

Located in the harbour of this small cove. The menu is very varied with a lot of Asian influence. The food we had was all great and served in a very innovative fashion. Gazpacho, a very tasty aubergine dish, foie gras and wild mushrooms.
A very nice lunch experience.
Above the restaurant there also 5 rooms for rent.

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Framcke
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 June 2013 via mobile

Lovely to arrive at Sa Tuna on foot, having walked over the cliffs from Aiguablava. The setting cannot be bettered and this restaurant is a welcome resting place with a pretty terrace. Staff were friendly and accommodating. Food was beautifully presented and tasted good enough - not spectacular, not dreadful either. Very expensive though. We paid €130 for two with a couple of drinks. We ate spectacular food a couple of nights earlier in Barcelona, with a bottle of wine, for €100. So I guess you are paying for the setting. It was pleasant and I would return, if only for the ambiance, but a bit surprised at the bill.

Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple