“An oasis of vegetarian food”

Chipotle Mexican Grill
Ranked #29 of 104 Restaurants in Barstow
Cuisines: Mexican
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“An oasis of vegetarian food”
Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

Driving to Las Vegas, we got hungry. So it was good to spot this Chipotle branch. It is surrounded by MacDonalds and other meaty joints, which I cannot visit (being vegetarian).

I was pleased to discover that that they took away the lard from the refrained beans and added sofritas (textured tofu) to the menu.

The burrito bowl with brown rice, pinto beans and guacamole is totally delicious and healthy too.

My Californian friends say this is not authentic Mexican food. But I am from Amsterdam, where there isn't much choice. I love Chipotle.

• Visited October 2013

California
“Much smaller portions”
Reviewed 8 July 2013

We frequently go to Chipotle in the San Francisco Bay Area and this Chipotle gives MUCH smaller portions than our local places. I usually save half of my burrito bowl for the next night, and I easily finished the amount I got at this location.

Visited June 2013
Prescott, Arizona
“A bit on the dirty side”
Reviewed 6 July 2013

Maybe the staff was over worked for the 4th of July holiday - but garbage cans were overfilled. Floor could have used a cleaning. Food same as other Chipotle Grills.

Visited July 2013
Oahu, Hawaii
“Probably the worst Chipotle's encountered”
Reviewed 29 May 2013

The standard fare across this Chain is simple but good food. This place suffers from what appears to be poor working attitude. First, the server did not bother to check if a new batch of black beans was coming, just served us what little was left in the pot. If we did not inquire, we would have gotten a spoonful of beans. Next, the tortilla chips we ordered were never provided until we complained, even after checking every couple minutes until we were done with our meal.Then the line backed up because the cashier from a previous shift tied up the only register trying find a missing receipt! So food was ok when it came, service was horrible. This is a poorly trained and managed location.

• Visited May 2013
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Whats not to love”
Reviewed 26 May 2013

This place is delicious! They have so many different combinations your choices are endless. I love that the food is organic and just plan good for you. I continue to eat at Chipolte and the one in Barstow is just great.

Visited May 2013