“Perfect”

Rodeway Inn Barstow
Ranked #4 of 29 Hotels in Barstow
“Perfect”
Reviewed 17 June 2011

We stayed here for one night on our way to the Grand Canyon from LA.
Check in was a breeze, it took no more than 2 mins and we were given some lovely fresh cherries by the owner, which were delicious!
Our room was wonderful. 2 huge and very comfortable beds! The shaped towels were a very nice touch! The whole place was spotlessly clean and had everything we needed!
The lady who runs the hotel recommended a few good places to eat although we ended up in McDonalds!!
After a brilliant nights sleep (no train noise) we had a wonderful breakfast, which included freshly made waffles and blueberry bagels....nom nom nom!
I would deffinatley recommend the rodeway inn and infect am booking it again for December!!!

• Stayed May 2011
1 Thank Wokinghamowlette

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
  • Thai first
San Diego, California
Reviewed 13 June 2011

Fantastic, very personal service. Make it a point to stay here. I will go out of my way to visit again. Nikkie & Roger gave the best service I have ever received (read below), and obviously sincerely care about their guests. My family and friends are still talking about them. They seem to be everywhere at once, all the time, early in the day and late into the night, making sure you are taken care of and everything is clean, well kept and very comfortable. I believe they have full time staff on site painting and fixing any little thing a previous guest has done (in addition to the usual housekeeping staff). Beautifully decorated rooms too. Plus a very complete breakfast.

Get this: I was doing the Route 66 thing in my classic vehicle, (which is better maintained than most brand new cars). But I left the tail light on all night, and drained my new battery. Roger said he had bought a portable auto battery charger just in case a guest ever needed it. (That tells you a lot right there.) I saw it had never been used, still wrapped and in the box. He got it out, got me started, and then asked me if I'd like to take it with me for the rest of the trip! I said, "How can you offer that!" (I knew it cost more than the price of a room.) He said, "Well, you said you'd be coming back through here in a week."

Roger & Nikkie are a treasured remembrance of a wonderful vacation.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed 8 June 2011

Did not feel safe when we arrived and because the room was prepaid they would not give us refund. Construction workers were partying outside their rooms and the parking was bad because of all the work trucks.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed 3 June 2011

The owners were very helpful and friendly. They arranged an appointment for us and in the morning they prepared waffles for us although breakfast time was already over. The rooms were clean and comfortable. We would stay there again!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
Winnsboro, Louisiana
Reviewed 1 June 2011

Very clean & comfortable with reasonable rates.
Nikkie & Roger were super friendly & caring hosts - tried to help all they could. Even fixed our waffles themselves for our breakfast.
Would definitely stay here again & recommend to others.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 May 2011

Barstow is a natural place for travelers to stop for the night on a long road trip. It is at the junction of two interstate highways as well as near the classic Route 66. But which of the seemingly all-the-same motels to stop at? We randomly picked the Rodeway Inn, and we were very pleased we did. The managers are so friendly and try really hard to make the experience stand out. After a couple of cold nights camping in Yosemite, any bed and shower would have done, but we got a comfortable king-sized bed in our large, favorably priced room, along with a refrigerator and microwave oven. We were also told there was an exercise room though we didn't make it up there--enjoying our rest and cable TV too much! For breakfast, instead of the typical roll and coffee, there was a truly splendid spread including boiled eggs, fruit, cereals, bagels, toast, even a waffle iron and batter to make fresh waffles! The coffee was outstanding and that's not something I often say at a motel. We only spent one night but we felt that we had made friends in Barstow.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 28 May 2011

My husband and I were returning home after having to cut short our 43rd wedding anniversary trip. I had become very ill with asthma after staying in two B&B's that claimed to be pet-free and were not. The family that owns this Rodeway Inn are lovely, kind people. They took excellent care of us. Our room, the lobby, and the modest dining area were all immaculately clean. This is an older motel, but well maintained. They serve a nutritious breakfast that is included in the price.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple