“The Rodeway Inn is the way to go in Barstow”

Rodeway Inn Barstow
Ranked #4 of 29 Hotels in Barstow
“The Rodeway Inn is the way to go in Barstow”
Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

My wife, nephew and I were driving home to Texas from Northern California, we decided to stop in Barstow while we were driving through Los Angeles. I searched for price efficiency and great reviews.

Immediately upon walking into the lobby to check in at 12:30, I immediately noticed some things I read in reviews. The gentleman at the counter was very nice, the hand towels arranged in the design of an elephant was a nice touch. We were in a vehicle that was larger than we normally drive, he even told me to feel free to park in the handicap spot if I wished. I did find a spot though.

The room was very clean, the bed very comfortable and the employees were very nice and helpful. Now, I don't normally review places, but this place was just too good not to. Some on the reviews of this place are absolutely spot on with my experience, and I had to share mine.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Cheyenne R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
  • Thai first
Cocoa, Florida
Reviewed 15 August 2014

For being an older, dated motel, we were so surprised that we loved it! The owner made all the difference. She obviously cares about her motel and guests, and it shows! Yes it's dated, but everything was really clean and comfortable. It was hot outside, but the air worked great. I would have loved a warm blanket or comforter, but I guessed the bedding was so light because we were in a hot desert. I hope she adds at least one blanket/comforter to each room. The owner recommended the Mexican restaurant across the street, as my son and I are vegetarian, and we walked there. It was good! We felt very fond of the owner and her motel. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Pennsylvania
Reviewed 14 August 2014

We were traveling from Monterey to Grand Canyon and needed to stop. My wife found this hotel on trip advisor and, although I have never stayed at a Rodeway Inn before, this little motel proved a relaxing and comfortable stopover for us. The reviews here accurately describe the experience. Local owners who take pride in their property and make their guests feel welcomed. We pulled in late and there were no parking spaces, so the owner moved his car and had us take his spot. For a comfortable, clean budget motel with a complimentary breakfast, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank John W
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 8 August 2014

the gracious & friendly hosts. The rooms were comfortable, cool, & clean. The pool area was clean & maintained. Nikki was very accommodating to anything we needed. Even to the point of offering us her personal travel atlas for our trip to Temecula wine country, and Oceanside. We look forward to stopping here again next time we come through. It is a budget motel so travelers should adjust their expectations accordingly. However we received so much more than we expected. Thanks Nikki & Raj!

Room Tip: The upstairs rooms provide vista of surrounding area.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Monument, Colorado
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Though a little dated, this is a very comfortable motel, locally owned and operated. The owners do all they can to provide a comfortable, safe and delightful stay.

Each room has a refrigerator and microwave, a bonus for a motel at this price. The breakfast is the typical carb fest, but adequate and well stocked. The beds are comfortable and the rooms are clean and roomy enough. The air conditioner is the stereotypical noisy unit that cycles on and off, not constant fan in the cooling mode.

The owners do all they can to provide a great stay. For the price and value I will stay here again.

There is a CoCos restaurant across the street which will give a 10% discount to those who are staying at this property. There are several fast food restaurants nearby. Many of the chain restaurants are on the other end of the city.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Brisbane
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Lodgings were comfortable enough, we were given a downstairs room which was clean and the beds were good. Also good to have a microwave and fridge in room too. Always a plus to have free wifi and breakfast included in deal. Breakfast was a continental variety and there was a waffle maker although I'm not sure it was operational that day as no one used it and we were opting for a cold cereal instead. Was terribly hot outside, thankfully the air conditioner was fully functional.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
PRESTON
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Greeted warmly by the owner on arrival and given an upstairs room which we had requested. Room was large and very clean but a little dated, bed very comfortable.
The pool area however lets the property down, only one sunbed and surrounded by walls with pealing paint it felt like you were sat in a war zone- pool did not look like it had been cleaned for some time either.
Plenty of choices for breakfast and was being constantly topped up by the owners.
Good value for the price paid but have stayed in much better (and also worse).

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple