“Good for the price”

Ranked #20 of 29 Hotels in Barstow
Sedona, Arizona
“Good for the price”
Reviewed 15 August 2014

This hotel does not impress you at first. There are signs in the parking lot warning you to lock your car and not to leave anything inside. There were two locks on the entry and exit doors to our room with warning signs about theft. It felt like being in a crime ridden area. Outside our room above the parking lot was a bar. The room itself was clean and quiet. They also offer a FREE breakfast. Overall it wasn't bad for the price. I just felt like we were in a bad area of town with all the precautions being advised.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank happytraveler2010_10

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Newstle
Reviewed 5 July 2014

I had been driving for 12 hours and needed to stop. Went on-line to Hotels.com and America's Best Value Inn came up at a great price. I was thinking it would be like a Holiday Inn. At first I was disappointed because the area was run down, hotel old, but one should NEVER JUDGE A BOOK BY THE COVER! The room was exceptionally clean, the pillows the BEST ever and the bed was better than mine at home. The pool clean and overall when I needed to walk the block to the convenience store the people I passed all said hello! While it said full breakfast in the ad it was just muffins and coffee. But overall, I was extremely impressed and if I ever get lost in Barstow, CA I will definitely stay here again, The hotel staff are amazingly helpful people.

Room Tip: Nice, nice, helpful staff - clean, good air conditioner since I traveled in hot weather and it is in...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Jeanmarie D
Mesa, Arizona
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I had stayed at a number of other America's Best Value Inns before but never at this one in Barstow, CA. I was hoping it would measure up to the others and I wasn't disappointed. The room was quite large and appeared to be recently painted. It had a flat-screen TV, mini-fridge, microwave, and a decently strong wi-fi signal. We didn't take advantage of the free breakfast but it appeared to be rather spartan. I had minimal interaction with the staff but what there was, was OK. There was a little rainroad noise but it's to be expected since it's across the street from a sizable railroad operation I expect I will stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
abvibarstow, General Manager at Motel 6 Barstow, CA - Route 66, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Thank you for your review, we greatly appreciate it and hope to see you again.
South Australia, Australia
Reviewed 28 May 2014

First impression should have told me what was to come. Every motel in the strip was full of cars, this had 3 in the lot. The reception desk was behind a plexiglass screen. The female staff member was disinterested and rude. They offer a free continental breakfast, more later. There is a window at chest height in the bathroom and the a/c blows straight into the vanity cavity and not the room meaning you freeze when you wash your hands and cook everywhere else. The bathroom looked dirty and worn. When the shower curtain was pulled across, the entire back was covered in mold. There was mold in the corners of the ceiling to match. The sheets were prickly and the pillow cases had cigarette burns in them. The sliding door led directly into the pool area which wasn't fenced nor did it have a screen. Went to do a load of washing but changed my mind when I lifted the lid and saw the inside of the machine was black(not it's natural color) The smoke detector didn't work and the light seemed to be home handyman fitted (badly). After a sleepless night of constant freight trains and concern for our safety we went to early breakfast. What did I expect, milk sitting in a jug at room temp bread in zip lock bags, very dry cereal and sweaty muffins. The staff member walked out of the office, looked at us and turned and went back into the office without acknowledging us. Fearing food poisoning we skipped breakfast and hit the road early. We have tried emailing America best value and were told to fill in a complaint form that you cannot access. I suppose that is one way to deal with problems, they don't have any. Thats it! NEVER AGAIN!!

Room Tip: Give this one a wide berth, almost anything else would be better, even the car
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Lyn C
Thank you for your review. We apologize that you were not satisfied with the room. It seems since the minute you walk in you had a bad impression. The noise of the freight train is out of our control that is Santa Fe railroad. We would appreciate if you would have kindly came in the office to notify us, at that time we could have switch your room or gave you a refund. We reassure you we took care of the problems.

Travellers are raving about these Barstow hotels

North tustin
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Barstow is a very small town great place to stay and relax. Minutes from great shopping at the outlets. Really enjoyed the large clean rooms and was very pleased of the laundry facility. Definitely recommend to a friend as well as staying there again. Clearly we were very pleased with our stay.

• Stayed February 2014
2 Thank Bdey80
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 14 November 2013

I have stayed here quite a few times over the last few years while traveling. The accommodation is always satisfactory for someone on a budget. Use a coupon from one of those motel coupon books and it is a good deal. The bed is clean and comfortable, there is a fridge, microwave, digital flat screen TV, good WIFI and other amenities such as phone, coffee maker, clock radio, hair drier and an ice machine in the laundry room. I have found it handy to patronize the nearby laundromat, car wash, retail stores and various restaurants. With the staff always being helpful and friendly, I wouldn't hesitate to return.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Tom M
Riverside, California, United States
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Great for families we stayed in one of the largest rooms available. With our family we usually have to get 2 rooms at most hotels to accommodate all of us in order to have room for everyone and the abundance of luggage we bring, but at this hotel we were able to get only one room. The staff was able to recommend a good place to eat with reasonable prices. Clean rooms and great staff makes for a great place to stay!

Room Tip: Large families or multiple adults ask for the room with 3 double beds!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family