“A good meal with good service”

Firestone's Culinary Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
Firestone's Culinary Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 398 Restaurants in Frederick
Price range: US$12 - US$40
Cuisines: American, Bar, Contemporary
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Drinks, After-hours, Brunch, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Church St
Description: Firestone's Culinary Tavern, opened in 1999, is located in downtown Frederick's picturesque Historic District. It is housed in a 1921 building that was initially the home of Shipley's Department Store. The restaurant combines outstanding cuisine with the casual atmosphere of a neighborhood tavern. The Washington Post says, "the atmosphere is prime...the food is, too!".
Seaford, Delaware
“A good meal with good service”
Reviewed 26 February 2012

This is nice restaurant if you want something casual in atmosphere but with food that is a step above the normal offerings. The onion soup is great for appetizer, we had scallops and the shrimp with grits and buffalo sausage - both were delicious. They offer a little chef tasting before your food is served and sorbet between courses. The service is great, attentive but not hovering and the course servings were well timed. Call for reservations, they stay full on the weekends.

Harrisburg, PA
“Great Food and Ambience”
Reviewed 7 February 2012

My husband I had lunch on a Saturday. We were seated upstairs overlooking the bar and near the windows that overlook the street. The burger, steak sandwich and fries were delicious and generous portions. Both the food and the service were great. Highly recommend.

Visited January 2012
2 Thank WWLJN
Frederick, MD
“Who Knew?”
Reviewed 1 February 2012

I grew up in Frederick and remember Firestones when it was Donnelly's. My impression is that it was just a bar with pub type food. Over the last 10 years, Firestones has been the spot where my friends and I end up for drinks after a night downtown. I hadn't consumed a bite of food there until over a year ago. On a whim, my husband and I went there for dinner and had a fantastic meal! Over the last year we have dined there several times alone, with our kids, and with other family members. We haven't had a single dish we didn't like! It's great for brunch, lunch and dinner. Although they don't cater to kids, there is a spoken children's menu that's very pleasing to my 6 and 9 year olds. My boys say they have the best grilled cheese in Frederick! Service is always wonderful and the view from the window tables on the second floor is great. We normally make our reservations through opentable.com so we can accumulate reward points. Don't miss their charcuterie appetizer with a wide variety of meats they cure in house. The tuna tartar is delicious. The creme brulee is very good and an incredibly large serving as are all the desserts.

• Visited January 2012
2 Thank HappileeMarreed
Frederick, Maryland
“Fantastic food and atmosphere”
Reviewed 22 January 2012

Great place to go for unbelievable food or to go for drinks. Best restaurant in Frederick!

Frederick, Maryland
“Great Date Night Restaurant”
Reviewed 10 January 2012

Firestone's is nice and the food is delicious. My only issue with this place is that it can get quite noisy because the noise from the bar echos in the upper dining room. It is pricey, so be prepared to pay a good amount for good food. I wouldn't suggest sitting next to the window to look out onto the street during the colder months because the windows are quite drafty.