“Lunch is good”

Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Bar
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Church St
Description: Firestone's Culinary Tavern, opened in 1999, is located in downtown Frederick's picturesque Historic District. It is housed in a 1921 building that was initially the home of Shipley's Department Store. The restaurant combines outstanding cuisine with the casual atmosphere of a neighborhood tavern. The Washington Post says, "the atmosphere is prime...the food is, too!".
Washington DC, District of Columbia, USA
“Lunch is good”
Reviewed 25 April 2014

We enjoyed the lunch menu. It was limited but the corned beef was excellent. Onion rings are homemade and great as well.

Visited February 2014

Philadelphia
“Great Saturday Brunch”
Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

On a recent long-weekend trip to Frederick, we had Saturday brunch at Firestone's. It was cozy and relaxing as we sat at the window on the second floor overlooking the street below. Food was really good. The Bloody Marys were amazing. And the service was excellent. Would definitely go back.

Visited March 2014
Thurmont, Maryland
“Foreigners not welcome !!”
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Foreigners not welcome !! Don't even try to get in if you have an out of country ID. You must be American to eat or drink here. I've never felt so descriminated against in my whole life, and I have done lots of traveling. Never had a problem getting into any restaurant or bar anywhere in the US or other countries with my ID and Firestones made me feel like some kind of delinquent. We had a large party, with several out of state guests and they all got in with no problem. They even went so far as to have a liquor board imposter call me at almost midnight the next evening and try to cover themselves. What professional calls at that hour? Nice try Firestones. Keep your xenophobia and your rude behavior. I'll spend my money elsewhere.

• Visited April 2014
CT5355, General Manager at Firestone's Culinary Tavern, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
We completely understand and share in your frustrations. However, our inability to accept foreign IDs or passports is not a policy of ours but a law enforced by the Frederick County Liquor Board. We have repeatedly asked them to reconsider this outdated law but clearly our efforts have not been enough. I would encourage you to contact them to voice your displeasure. They can be reached at (301) 600-2984 or by email at liquorboard@frederickcountyMD.gov.
Seaford, Delaware
“I think it is time to take this one out of the rotation”
Reviewed 2 April 2014

My husband and I have been eating at Firestone's for years. And it used to be so delicious and great service. That is really slipping lately. Our last visit in March made me think it is time for a break. Service was polite, but the server was stressed as were other servers on the floor. We could hear other tables complaining about slow service. The table next to us had ordered as were were being seated. They received their entrees as we were leaving nearly 90 minutes later. And they were not happy. Our service for bar and food was slow and the server had to apologize no less than four times. The food quality is also not as good as it used to be. Not sure if they are having staff issues or just getting too busy to handle the crowds. It is busier than it used to be. I think I will take a year off, and if they are still in business will pop in again.

• Visited March 2014
Frederick, Maryland
“Firestone in Frederick MD”
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Cozy pub style restaurant with both pub meals (awesome burgers) plus some more sophiticated offerings - the broiled scalops are superb. The chef almost always sends some complimentary and delicious samplers. Prices are reasonable - service is first rate.Try for seat by the second floor windows

• Visited March 2014