“Go see Oakley!!”

Barley and Hops Brewery
Ranked #50 of 407 Restaurants in Frederick
Price range: US$11 - US$26
Cuisines: American, Brew Pub
Description: Barley and Hops is the winner of the Maryland Comptroller's Cup for Maryland's Top Beer of 2016 – along with 20 other medals, seven being Gold! After coming under new ownership in the past year, B&H has totally revamped its craft beer offerings and food! “We can promise you that our service and food offerings match the high quality beers we produce. In with the new, out with the old!!” A locally owned business with a working in-house brewery, B&H sources many of its food and craft beer supplies from other local businesses. Just a few minutes outside of downtown Frederick, come in and see us at Barley and Hops, where a passion for beer, food and fun is a way of life!
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Decided to stop by this place on our way out of town, SO glad we did! Excellent service (Thank You, Oakley!), incredible food (the cream of crab soup is the best I've had in years!) and the atmosphere was perfect!! Casual and comfortable, would be great with the kids or a luncheon for work. We will definitely be back!! ..oh, and they make their own ketchup..so good we took home a bottle!

1  Thank lindsayleigh1123

Reviewed 16 March 2014

For a microbrewery you would think that the beer would be excellent. We've been there a couple of times and the beer is just okay. The food was good, not excellent but decent. This isn't a place that we would go out of our way to go to, and with BJ's now open almost next to it, I wonder if they're going to be able to stay in business?

Reviewed 9 March 2014

If your in the mood to just hang loose and have a drink than this is the place. I would not expect a great diverse menu but the all around experience is a good value and good time. Try a beer and relax. It's all good .

Reviewed 6 March 2014

I went to Frederick and saw this restaurant in Google maps, I gave it a try and I was not disapointed. I started with an "Annapolis Rocks Pale Ale" with a starter of "Smokehouse Skins" followed by a delicious "Bay & Range" burger, you have to try them!

Reviewed 21 February 2014

We went with a group of about 11. This was our first visit after recommendation of friends in our group who said the place "has really good beer and food."
Starting with the beer...I had the Dwyoyo (sp?) which looked like it was filtered through a dirty dishrag. The taste was bland with no hints or notes of anything.
The food.....I started with the mini crab cake appetizer. To be fair, generous size and they were really tasty with lots of lump crab meat and good seasoning. From here it went downhill.
My friend and my wife each ordered the full rakeof ribs-one with dry rub the other with sauce. They both said they were tough and way over-cooked. They also had baked mac'n-cheese which they said was bland and tasteless. My friends girlfriend had the seafood pasta which was absolutely disgusting. I tasted the shrimp in it which seemed like it was bad. She did get sick later that evening, which is suspect of her meal. I had the Fish-n-Chips which was not good at all. First they make it with Red Snapper (which is a really tough fish to begin with). It came as a semi-breaded slab and was extremely chewy.
Granted we were not expected a five star experience but when not a single person finished their meal that should tell you something. With all the great restaurants in downtown Frederick, I would stay away from this place.