“Bland food, horrible jar-like salsa!”
Review of El Ranchero Mexican Restaurant - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
El Ranchero Mexican Restaurant
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 13 December 2012

You would think with all the reviews on the salsa, this restaurant would do some changing! I didn't read TripAdvisor before going to this restaurant, but later found that many reviewers were hugely disappointed in the salsa. It should be homemade, but tasted like it came out of a jar. My husband's tacos that he ordered had no taste whatsoever. I tasted them and agreed. I suggested that he add salt for flavor and he said that he didn't like to have to add salt to his meal...oh well. My steak was so-so and the mango pomegranate margarita tasted odd. I give this restaurant 3 stars because the service was good and the food was extremely affordable, but I won't go back because I would rather pay more and get really good food.....Mexican food is generally affordable anyway if you think about it....

Reviewed 10 December 2012

Great food and very affordable!! Service was pretty slow, but overall the food made up for it. Nachos were huge, and the mushroom quesadilla were delicious.

1  Thank VLSchaap
Reviewed 24 August 2012

Watered-down pasta sauce is passed off here as "salsa" in the chips & salsa staple. When our food eventually arrived (which took quite a while, considering we were the only people in the place!), it was lukewarm and bland. I've never had oatmeal masquerading as a burrito before, but that was the level of interest generated by the food. The only way I can see this place passing itself off as "Mexican" is by serving copious amounts of Corona to guests before they get to the feed. Blechh. There are much better options elsewhere. I was so inspired by the food here that next time I'll pick Taco Bell- because if I can't have good customer service, I can at least get authenticity.

1  Thank WhereDoIGoNow
Reviewed 13 July 2012

We visited here for dinner with a coupon. Never again! There was nothing wrong with the seating or service, except that the server didn't clear anything the whole meal, but I count that as minor. He brought chips and salsa, which looked and tasted like spaghetti sauce, and the food was, in a word, ugh! I got something called Enchilada Suprema, which definitely wasn't. The dish was swimming in a salty red sauce, (probably the same as the salsa we were given), had mounds of unmelted cheese over it, and finished with shredded lettuce on top of the sauce. Inside this were four soggy flour tortillas, each with different fillings. The first one I couldn't even identify because I couldn't find it, the second was refried beans, the third was over salted ground beef, and the fourth was a not bad shredded chicken. Hubby's chicken fajitas looked good though. He said that it "wasn't much." Even with a coupon, I wouldn't come here again. We'll go to Santa Rosa.

Reviewed 4 February 2011

I bring everyone here and hands down they all love it. I've turned so many people onto this restaurant. Its simple, afforable, delicious mexican fare and the wait staff is always friendly and accomodating . I've enjoyed every meal and their 1.99 margarita Mondays are awesome. Can't say enough good things about the food!

1  Thank gk92