“Great deal, good food, decent service.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Casa Rico

Casa Rico
Ranked #61 of 397 Restaurants in Frederick
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Cheap Eats, Groups, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Casa Rico serves Mexican traditional favorites & modern specialties. Join us for our gourmet tacos & wide range of tequilas.
Sterling, Virginia
“Great deal, good food, decent service.”
Reviewed 12 November 2012 via mobile

I am partial to thin and light tortilla chips- this place's are perfect! the salsa is chunky, very mild, and served in a tiny bowl. Ordered the chicken fajitas, which easily fed two people (with an extra order of tortillas). We ordered sopapillas for dessert. These were really huge and delicious! Satisfied with the overall experience. Other people looked like they were ordering burrito platters that seemed to have generous portions. The fajitas were good, but not amazing. Would have liked having guacamole instead of the typical lettuce plate. Overall, this was a great find off route 15/route 40. It's a good little Mexican joint, just don't expect to be wowed. Expect satisfaction, which in my opinion, is often underrated.

Frederick
“Good for a Quick Lunch”
Reviewed 26 June 2012

We used to dine here once a week and now it is about once a year. They used to have a buffet, at least on weekends. I don't know if they still do, but that would be the way to go there. The food is very salty.

Frederick, Maryland
“Not what it used to be.”
Reviewed 18 March 2012

I've been to Casa Rica before but it was years ago. I wanted to take my friend out for her birthday and she chose here. In the past i'd had a positive experience so I was down for some Casa. The lowdown: the place could use updating. It's dirty too, the dust on the wood was | | this thick. This place must have changed ownership since the staff appeared to be of middle eastern descent and not Latino. Hey, I'm not saying they wouldn't be able to cook Mexican food, but they couldn't on this day. I ordered a steak quesadilla and it arrived oily and the steak was shredded, unexpected and not edible. The guacamole however was to die for so i filled up on that & chips. Couldn't eat the quesadilla. My friend ordered steak carnitas med-rare. It came well done. We told our server and he said, "ok". Obviously there was a language barrier. The drinks were excellent. My grandson had chicken fingers & black beans, both were good. Save your money and don't eat here, you'll be disappointed.

1 Thank Khabilah
Frederick, Maryland
“Good food. Nice atmosphere. Yummy drinks.”
Reviewed 24 November 2011

Been here a few times. Good every time. Usually get fajitas and drinks.

Visited December 2010
Los Angeles, California
“Sunday brunch: good value buffet, deliciosa huevos bar!”
Reviewed 10 July 2011

Good Latin food's hard to find in Frederick but my hubby & I often hit the Sunday brunch at Casa Rico. The buffet itself is pretty standard and nothing to boast about (caters to the American taste). But the dude working the huevos "bar"? Awesome. I let him decide how he's going to prepare it (always served on top of small tortilla). The chorizo? Ahh. If I get lucky, they'll have a cactus salad as a condiment in the brunch line. Not sticky, not mushy: excelente. Proprietor has been updating the atmosphere to a more contemporary look: bravo. Service always great & very personable; good place for families of multigenerations; kid-friendly. That being said: great brunch deal on Sunrises from the bar!

• Visited July 2011