“Feel of a family-run NYC Italian place”
Review of Il Porto

Il Porto
Ranked #6 of 423 Restaurants in Frederick
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: This is a wonderful Italian restaurant. Mr. Cruz and his staff do a splendid job with food and service. I highly recommend it.
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Went at recommendation of B&B owner, and were generally pleased. Menu had what you would expect for an Italian place. Wine and beer lists were short. Did a great bar business...well-made cocktails. I enjoyed my seafood; my wife was very pleased with a veal dish. Bread was disappointing...salad was out of a bag. Service was outstanding.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

We are Italian food fans and we often seek out "little Italy's" in major cities. Annually we go to restaurants in Boston's little Italy which are very authentic and high quality food. This restaurant made me feel like I was back in Boston's Little Italy.

There are three selling points to Il Porto.

1 - The restaurant interior is exactly what you expect in an urban Italian eatery. Very comfy and quaint while feeling elegant.

2 - The service could not be better. I rarely find a restaurant where I have such impeccable service I have no complaints but praise. This is one of those, the wait staff is amazing nad the manager is genuinely concerned about your visit. This starts as you enter the restaurant and are seated to the time you leave, as our waiter held the door for us to leave.

3 - The food is simply amazing. Authentic, light but hearty Italian. I enjoyed a garlic shrimp dish over linguine which was amazing. Unlike chain restaurants the dish was light in feel yet completely filled me up. The pricing is very good and the taste/quality is outstanding.

Definately give this place a shot and you will be hooked.

2  Thank skwashie
Reviewed 16 January 2014 via mobile

My family and I go to iLPorto all the time! The waiters are so friendly! The food is fabulous! It's an all around great restaurant and I highly recommend it!

Reviewed 23 December 2013

We visited this restaurant and were quite surprised with the nice atmosphere, excellent service, and very good food. The coffee gelato and the coffee itself were both excellent. And to top it all off, we were given a Christmas present just for being customers. We will definitely visit again.

Reviewed 20 October 2013 via mobile

First time visit, the staff was very accommodating. The decor is lovely and the place is clean. The food was good. Portion sizes were adequate for the price.. Will definitely stop back when we ate in the area.

Been to Il Porto? Share your experiences!